15 Minutes of Sunshine Per Day

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

15 Minutes of Sunshine Per Day

Postby Sandy » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:44 pm

THat's what they say we need to protect us, provide good bone support. I'm finding it hard because the sun is very hard on me. Heat can make me sick so quickly. From what I read I'm not the only one.

But it is strongly suggested. I do drink the chocolate milk! So now if I can just convince myself to get out there every day for that 15 minutes.

The heat is very hard to cope with, it's real humid here.

But I'm gonna try and I hope everybody else does, too!

Guess I'll have to think up some tips to make this more tolerable.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby daynthelife » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:27 am

I know what you mean about the sun Sandy. Since it has gotten warmer my clothes hurt me :? . I feel like I walked into a some nettle (sp?) or something...no fun. Where my clothes touch me feels prickly. Kinda like after a hair cut and some of the little hairs got down your shirt but it's all over!!! I seem to do best in mid 60's temps. Too cold not good and too hot no better. I thought the heat would be good because my electric blanket doesn't bother me and neither did my heating pad. Does anyone know why this is? I'd be interested.

much luv to all,

Kathy
daynthelife

Postby Fraggle Nan » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:51 am

I know being out in the sun is important, but please remember your sunscreen!

I just had surgery last week to remove basal cell carcinoma from my arm.

Please be careful!

Thanks,
Nan
Fraggle Nan

Postby Janice » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:37 am

Hi All,

I try to get out everyday to enjoy some part of each day. It's a promise to myself. However, like Kathy, I can't tolerate too hot or too cold. Where I use to go out in the early part of the day now I find that I don't make it out until the later part of the day. I guess it doesn't matter too much as long as I get some fresh air and enjoy the outdoor scenery from my porch. I haven't been able to drive in almost a year.

Fran, I hope all is well with you and that you are healing as you should.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby Janice » Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:37 am

Oops, I meant Nan.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby syrinx48 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:02 am

Hi Sandy,

I am trying to go out i the sun just before 10:00am then i won't be too hot. I also go after 17:00pm so that's twice a day in the sun, not too hot. The days which are hot here are countalble, sometimes there will be two weeks or even three weeks when it will be so hot that I can't go out. Holland is a wet cold country for that matter but we always plans our summerholidays in a warm hot country and then this is usefull.
This year we will be going to Croatia at the mediterean sea so it looks promising. We will be going in about 3 weeks.

Love, Annemarie
syrinx48

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders