Does anybody have a cervical sm with bladder problems

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Does anybody have a cervical sm with bladder problems

Postby LouiseB » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:31 am

My syrinx started at c6-c7, was stable untill last year then grew to c3-t11 but I have had bladder problems for the last nine years. I´m just trying to put the peices of the puzzle together and comparing notes with you guys would help.

Lu
SM C4-T10, TSC - Release Sept 2007 as per Dr Bolognese advice. Syrinx shrunk. Symptoms the same.
LouiseB

Postby Tidbit » Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:39 am

I have problems with my bladder. I've only been incontinent twice but there have been countless close calls. I have frequency, urgency, difficulty starting the urinary stream (sometimes I have to sit there and concentrate and work at it to start), and incomplete emptying. The fact that I have these problems was one of the deciding factors for the NS in regards to shunting me.
Idiopathic SM C4-T1 and T2-T11. Cervical laminectomy and duraplasty May 2005. Syringosubarachnoid shunt Sept 2006. From Ontario, Canada.
Tidbit

Postby Gracie Rose » Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:34 pm

Hi,

There is new evidence that ACM and/or SM can be associated with Tethered Spainal Cord Syndrome. Bladder and bowel issues, leg,feet and lower back pain, scoliosis and other problems are common to TCS.
Here is a good site with some info.

www.answers.com put in Tethered Spinal Cord Syndrome

Hope that may answer some questions,

Lisa
Gracie Rose

Bladder Pain

Postby michelms » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:03 pm

I have SM, both a cervical and thoracic syrnix. I recently started having alot of pain of which I thought was a bladder infection. I have one more test to rule out a kidney stone, but the Urologist believes that there is a much higher likelyhood that the pain is related to SM. He said "over active bladder" is very common among people with neurological disorders. I am taking a medication oxybutynin which relieves the muscle spasms in the bladder and the resulting pain.
michelms

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders