I have a Appt. in the morning with Soc.Sec.Doc.Need answers

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

I have a Appt. in the morning with Soc.Sec.Doc.Need answers

Postby bunny » Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:58 pm

What questions will they ask?and what can i expect.If they turn me
down i will be ruined financially.Got no income.and i cant work but
sure wish i could.Thanks for any info;

Bunny
S.M.t4-t11-To conus
Etc.Etc-Etc.[color=darkblue][/color]
bunny

Postby hartagold23 » Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 pm

You could try going to the website for social security...which I think is:

www.ssa.gov

I think everything you're wondering about will be answered there.

Also, we have a message board on here (asap) where you can learn about what other people have gone through in soc. sec. interviews. Click on the ASAP.org Forum index above this thread and then go to the "Disability Insurance Issues" message board.

Good luck!

Barb
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Postby birdlover3 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:22 am

I didn’t see a Soc. Sec. Doc., but when I have to go to a new doc, I take a copy of my MRI reports & a summation of what all of the previous doctors have said. (I also keep a copy of which doc referred me to the next doc & why.) Do you have a copy of any of your tests, especially your MRI reports, that you could take with you?

I take a list of my current meds, why I’m taking them, and who prescribed them. You might want to write out ahead of time why you are not able to work (pain, meds, brain fog, muscle spasms, etc.). Good luck. I’ll say extra prayers for you today.
birdlover3

Postby hartagold23 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:23 am

Good suggestions, birdlover! It never hurts to take a list along!

Barb

P.S. I love birds, too...especially red cardinals and mockingbirds!
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Postby gncrzy3 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:50 am

make sure to tell them EVERYTHING.... I had to submit a second sheet they did not give me enough room for meds, surgeries,,, ect,,,
Good luck
gncrzy3

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders