chiari video

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

chiari video

Postby Jenintexas » Fri May 18, 2007 2:04 pm

Some of yall may of seen this but it was my first time so I wanted to share.

http://www.chiaritvspecial.com/wasp/Chiaristream.html

Also I had my 2nd opinion today. I like the 2nd doctor too so now I need to flip a coin to see which one will get me LOL

Actually the 2nd one was very informative and he said he only recommends Chiari surgery for 1 out of 5 patients that come to him regarding this. The numbness, swollowing and pain are 3 of my major symptons. He said that if a patient comes and they don't have but minor problems he doesn't perform surgery but he did recommend it for me. Only because of the numbness and trouble swollowing. So that is two out of two that recommended surgery. I am going to put it in Gods hands and see where he leads me. He did say that I have two pieces hanging down so mine is almost blocked. I go for a MRA and spine mri on Tuesday. Are these two done the same as the head MRI? If so I will be fine. I wonder can I bring some headphones??/

Thanks for listening,

Jenintexas
Jenintexas

Postby mac » Mon May 21, 2007 9:28 pm

Hi Jenn, are you ready for your tests tomorrow? I don't know anything about a MRA...a spine MRI will be the same as the head, only maybe take longer (I don't remember, I always sleep in the MRIs)...don't know if you can bring headphones or not...but I think I've read here that you can. Are you nervous about it?

I'm so glad you seem to have two good doctors to choose from! I think with the swallowing issues, that is one of things they feel points you toward surgery. That's an important thing to be able to do! I also have swallowing issues. Every day, I have moments while eating where the food seems to go down very, very slowly! I can feel it go all the way down, inch by inch, and I think it will never get down into my stomach. I've learned to just wait and not get excited about it. How do your swallowing issues affect you?

Thanks for posting this link for the Chiari program. I watched it again and really loved seeing it. When I first saw it, I didn't know what I had. But I knew Dr. Bolognese was the doctor I would love to see! And I was way out in CA! God worked on my behalf and I was able to see him this last January.

In the program, Marissa has CCI and they find during surgery that her CM is worse than they were aware of. I was found by Dr. B to have CCI, and so going back and watching the show again really moved me. And seeing Dr. B again...I felt "touched" somehow all the rest of the day.

Jenn, let us know how it goes tomorrow, okay? I'm really interested to know how this all works out for you.

hugs, yer pal, mac
mac

Postby Debster » Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:12 pm

Jen,

Thank you so much for posting the link to this video. I have been trying to find something to show my family and friends about Chiair 1 Malformation, since I was recently diangosed this year. This is exactly what I need to forward on to them!

Many thanks, and best wishes to you.

Deb
Debster

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders