For those that have been to TCI

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

For those that have been to TCI

Postby cash71 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:56 pm

Just wondering what kind of documentation you go away with. Does Dr. B and the nl write up some kind of a summary of what they found and recommend so that my physicians up here will be made aware. Also such a document could be very helpful to me in my fight to get Long Term Disability.

thanks in advance,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby mac » Fri May 18, 2007 3:52 pm

Funny you ask. I did not walk away with anything in writing. I was told that since my situation is a work comp case, they would put a rush on it, and it would be six to eight weeks. It is now four months and I still haven't gotten it, in spite of pleas to everyone! I begged for it before my hearing and never got it in time. This is a BIG disappointment and big failing on their part. I will be honest about this. I don't think this is necessary or fair to us. Many of us pay a lot of out of pocket money, too, to get there.

Dr. B did write me a preliminary assessment letter about 8 weeks after my evaluation. That is all we've gotten, but it has been enough to grease some major wheels and get CA work comp to authorize my surgery with him. So...this is how it went for me. Thanks to Dr. B, I did receive something that was perfect. But as far as a full report on everything wrong with you or whatever, like I was expecting, it hasn't happened yet. Guess there's still a chance there's a another Blue Moon this year!

mac
mac

Postby cash71 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:05 pm

Mac,

Thank-you for your honest response. I hope you get your promised report soon.

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby mac » Fri May 18, 2007 4:39 pm

thanks, Caroline. I just emailed another strong request...we'll see.

At least now you know. I either was told or got the distinct feeling that when you leave your evaluation, you'd have a thick stack of papers telling what was wrong with you. Which of course is not feasible, you see Dr. B late at night and leave the next morning! So, this is a more honest picture...

mac
mac

Postby kathymichelle » Fri May 18, 2007 5:31 pm

I went to TCI on November 22, 2005, saw Dr Kula, Lisa, and Dr B...and all the testing at Manhasset Diagnostic.

I actually didn't receive my evaluation until the second week of January 2006. I had to plead my case as well to get it in time. It was done, and they kept saying it "was in the mail" however to this day I have never, ever rec'd it.

That being said, I was waiting at my Pain Management doctor's office for an appt to discuss the evaluation at TCI and I *needed* that paperwork desperately, and TCI came through and faxed it directly to my PM doc. Although, it did take two phone calls and it was right down to the minute before my appt time. It did come through.

Everyone's mileage may vary on this.
kathymichelle

Postby mac » Fri May 18, 2007 6:24 pm

Keesha, I have emailed til I'm blue in the face!! I've begged, I've told them I HAD to have the report before May 16 when my work comp hearing occured. Nothing! I was told it's done, in the computer, just needs going over, nothing. I've emailed Ellen AND my own med. secretary. I haven't bothered Dr. B.

It "ggrrrs" me that you get it in 3 weeks. Incredible! I mean, I'm glad for you but it makes me feel neglected, except I've heard this from so many others.

If anyone has an idea on what to do next, let me know. I expect I'll call Rich on Monday.

mac
mac

Postby mac » Fri May 18, 2007 9:54 pm

I do have Lisa, or did have. But I don't think it was her job if she were there, it should be my medical secretary's job. Who isn't Ellen, by the way. But I'm bugging Ellen about it anyway, poor gal! Monday, I'll call Rich. I think waiting 4 months is inexcusable...

It's okay if it "grr's me," tee hee!! Not your fault. I'm not too easily "ggrrr'ed" but this one ... well....gggrrrr! :x

hugs, mac
mac

Postby kathymichelle » Sun May 20, 2007 10:14 am

Rich is the "go to guy" at TCI...if I EVER have problems there, I call Rich and within HOURS its taken care of to my satisfaction and I feel valued.

I love them there, but I do feel that they are a bit over worked and somewhat understaffed...

JMHO
kathymichelle

Postby MsRiddle » Mon May 28, 2007 7:41 pm

Hi Everyone~
Quick question?

Who is Rich and why is he the man?
~No longer what I used to be - Not yet what I'm going to be.~
MsRiddle

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders