feeling of bubbles in the neck

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

feeling of bubbles in the neck

Postby kathy_h_87120 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:10 am

Every once in a while I get the feeling of air/liquid bubble escaping in my neck. I can both feel and hear them. I've had this happen for a long time but in it only once in a while. I have been semi-diagnosed as having SM and am waiting for an appointment with a Neurologist on the 25th who is suppose to go over my MRI's and see if he see's what the NS did but what the Doctor who read the MRI missed. Perfectly honest I don't think any of these guys know what they are doing.
I am also caregiver for my mother with Alzheimers and between my pain and her desease I'm going crazy.
kathy_h_87120

Postby keggler » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:51 am

Hello---I sometimes hear a swishing sound in the back of my neck----usually after moving in a certin direction or something,a head nod---so don't feel alone---I know other people hear noises. also.
Good luck on Doc app--------Jerry in Carolina

"You are what you eat----and-----You are what you think"

"Be Good To Yourself"
CM1-S/M-Basilar Invagination
keggler

Postby Debster » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:16 pm

Hello,

My dx is ACM-1. I often have the feelings of pressure in my ear, and also feel like hot liquid is running down the tube in my ear. It is very frustrating.

You are in a very difficult situation. It is difficult enough to deal with ones own medical condition, but then the be the primary caregiver for someone else must be terribly exhausting. Your mom must have been a great woman to have raised a daughter that pushes past her own pain to help someone else. Your efforts are truly admirable. Keep up the good work.

Deb
Debster

Postby loren67 » Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:36 pm

i get the bubble feeling. it's fairly new to me so iwas glad to see someone else mention it. it almost feels like a spasmy kind of thing, but i like the bubble description the best. at first it scared me, but now i'm getting used to it when it happens.
loren67

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders