drop attacks

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

drop attacks

Postby melanie » Sat May 19, 2007 8:57 pm

hi,
been troubled by drop attacks of recent-
can anyone explaine them,what causes them etc..
melanie

drop attacks

Postby razzle51 » Sun May 20, 2007 5:52 am

Here is a good site . You need to find out what is causing them and treat them .According to the site there are several things that trigger them . I would be calling Dr. C .

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/di ... /drop.html
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby hayla2 » Sun May 20, 2007 7:19 am

Doc thinks my son's drop attacks are actually him falling asleep at really short intervals. Another reason we think he has narcolepsy. Also, drop attacks can be caused by seizures or a pinched nerve in the back, amongst other things. Definitely get it checked out.
hayla2

drop attacks

Postby Littlepixie1981 » Sun May 20, 2007 8:10 am

Hi,

I've been having drop attacks on and off for 5 years. I've had loads of tests done but never been given a definite cause for them. I do however suffer from low blood pressure and Atrial Tachycardia which could be contributory factors.

Like the others have said, you should get them checked out.

Lydia x
England
cm, spina bifida, hydrocephalus & scoliosis
Littlepixie1981

Postby donbr » Sun May 20, 2007 10:32 am

omeone posted a link to a video the topic is "chiari video" the video is presented by "mystery diagnoses" tv sh its about a girl who has acm retroflexed adontoid but she aslo was having drop attacks. the video might give you a little insight about your drop attacks. As others have mentioned you need to get this checked out.
Take care
Don
donbr

Postby hartagold23 » Sun May 20, 2007 11:58 am

I have drop attacks which don't fit into any of the "known" categories in the above article. I have a tethered cord, a large syrinx, and no Chiari or heart problems, no seizures, etc. What happens with me is I feel a lower back spasm, and then both legs give out and I fall straight down if I'm not holding onto my walker. Maybe this isn't a "real" drop attack, but it sure feels like it to me. Just thought I'd describe my own experience with this...]

Barb
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders