face numbness...

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

face numbness...

Postby sparks42 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:23 pm

All around my left eye is kind of half numb lately.....and it gets itchy and I can't itch it!!!!....becuase I don't really feel it.....

I can still feel it when I touch there....but I don't feel it 100%

It's driving me nuts!!!!!!

this is my first numbess issue...so if anyone has any comments....you know what to do! :wink:

How do you itch something you can barely feel?
- Syringomyelia, Scoliosis, Spinal Fusion, no CM
- 24 year old female
- London Ontario Canada
sparks42

Postby Debster » Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:43 pm

I also get numbness. My fingertips, toes, tip on tongue, and my right cheekbone into my temple. Mine doesn't itch but it feels very uncomfortable. It lasts for anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour. Sometimes my fingertips get completely white like there is no blood in them, and when you press the skin it doesn't bounce back.

I don't know what to recomend as of yet, but hopefully will have more info after I go to TCI the end of September.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Deb
Debster

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:13 pm

I do. My whole face will be numb and itchy at the same time, weird.

Also I will scratch invisible itches until I bleed without realizing it.

Another sprinkle on the cookie I guess...

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby Ryzing » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:20 pm

COOKIES? Who's got cookies???? :D

I've had this sensation - or lack thereof. Usually, though, it's in my thoracic area. I can feel a deep itch in my back, but when I go to scratch it, I can barely get rid of the itch because my skin is numb. :x Very frustrating....

I guess I've been no help...sorry...carry on....

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby paularay » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:11 pm

Hi! I have delt with this for four years and you just kind of get use to it. I am pretty well numb throughout my body and you just have to remember not to use your nails. A wash cloth helps for the face. Sorry I don't have anything better.
Paula
paularay

Postby surgass » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:30 pm

Hi, I have this too. It is like a wave of numbness around my mouth, chin and throat. I have a hard time swallowing when this happens. It's not constant. I sometimes wondered if I was not having a seizure. Maybe just stress. I could never really explain it to anyone so I just live with it.
surgass

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders