ACM and Spina Bifida

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

ACM and Spina Bifida

Postby keggler » Wed Jul 18, 2007 7:25 pm

How many on our board have been Dx with this---Spina Bifida -hydrocephalus and ACM ?
I got some medical files back,getting ready for my app with new NS,and found this beside ACM.The first time Ive seen it on any records from 10/06 my last major check up.

Thanks in advance...Jerry in Carolina...
"You are what you eat----and-----You are what you think"

"Be Good To Yourself"
CM1-S/M-Basilar Invagination
keggler

Postby keggler » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:59 am

Since knowone wants to comment on this,I'll add my own.I had a long talk with my Mom about his,and she said"back in the 50's doctors would let things run their course". Meaning they didn't have the knowledge,nor the means to treat kids with "large heads"She said I had a lot of H/A's and sleeping problems untill I was around 4 or 5.Whats where I begin to hear "WHITE NOISE" static like the TV not on a station,and I still to this day sometimes hear it.

She also said I was the most beautiful child to the point of people stoping her to comment on it. She said she findly had to put a stop to it since I had brothers with slim normal looking heads,and it was starting to cause a problem,to the point my brothers were feeling left off of something.

From 8yrs on I spent my summers with my Grandmother,a retired RN (Army Air Corps) from Walter Reed,who eventuely I was reared by.She allways told me I was special---just never knew how much.When I got out of the Air Force,I lived with her until she passed away in 1973.

Being Hydro is just another thing to contend with,I should have become a weatherman,because my wife says I can predict as well or better than they do.

Just wanted to comment......hope all well....Jerry in Carolina...
"You are what you eat----and-----You are what you think"

"Be Good To Yourself"
CM1-S/M-Basilar Invagination
keggler

jerry/hydrocephalus

Postby razzle51 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:21 pm

I dont know if you saw this article but thought I would post it .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19859089/
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders