Has anyone been to Dr. Green

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Has anyone been to Dr. Green

Postby Lia » Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:33 pm

just wondering has anyone been treated be Dr. Green in Miami? If so any input on him. Cost? ins? pt. care, etc

Also I see that TCI is the best, can anyone tell me how much will it cost? Don't know if i missed it but I did not see anything concerning amounts in any post or their web-site.

hugs to all Lia
Lia

Miami

Postby duvall77 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:09 am

I am currently seeing a colleague of Dr. Green's. Dr. Green made the referral after the initial case presentation/review. My current NS shares an office with Dr. Green and the two collaborate a bit I understand. My case is up for a second staffing due to increasing symptoms. Miami takes INS, not sure about non-INS payments. Everyone is very nice there. I've had no problems outside of my illness.

Thomas, NW FL
SM@ T1-7, Cervical Stenoses with Bone spur, and early DDD @ C5-6
duvall77

insurance

Postby razzle51 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:15 am

Here is some info about how TCI insurance works.
http://www.northshorelij.com/body.cfm?i ... inkID=6407

But you still need to find out if they accept your kind.
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby kiminfla » Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:43 am

Roz, Thanks for the message about this! Hi Lia, I'm a patient of Dr. Green -- pfd 9/06. I've been very happy with him, his staff, and the quality of care I've received. I definitely recommend him. If you call his office they'll have you send all of your records and Dr. Green and the neurosurgery team at U Miami review them. They contacted me with an appt time for imaging studies and consult with Dr. Green the next day. The studies are typically done the day before so they can be reviewed by the team the morning of your consult.

Regarding timeframe -- I sent my records last June, had my appts with them at the end of July, had surgery the first week in Sept. I was very fortunate they saw me so fast. My local NL said it takes about 3 months for him to get someone in to Dr. Green sometimes. I didn't have a dr referral; my NLs at the time weren't helpful at all. Whether or not you need a referral depends on your insurance. They will ask you about insurance, etc. when you make the initial phone call and can let you know if they accept your insurance, etc.

If you have any more specific questions please send me a pm. I'm not as active here as I used to be and don't want to miss it if you have more questions.

I pray this finds you all well. Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders