Sit ups/crunches

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby prism » Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:33 pm

Sarcasm really doesn't help. :shock:
I used to be an athlete. It was my life. When my heart started to go bad, the doctors didn't believe me because - my bad sounded just great to them- but then everything is relative.
I started vomiting 10-20 times a day- especially if I exercised too hard or overused abs/ chest. A year later the doctors believed what I was telling them about my heart and said I needed heart surgery.
So obviously, my mid-section has been compromised. But following surgery, I didn't recover. I got sicker, had more complications, became more immobilized. The strength I had maintained to deal with my chronic pain from my connective tissue disorder was gone. And then I learned about the chiari and syringomyela complications. My legs and arms wouldn't work properly. So yes, I am very weak now.
I'm just starting to move around again- and now that I've gotten my displeasure at the perceived hard knocks added to this thread I want to thank you each who have offered helpful suggestions for those of us looking for answers to our individual needs.

:wink: prism
First it is necessary to stand on your own two feet. But the minute a man finds himself in that position, the next thing he should do is reach out his arms.
Kristin Hunter,
prism

Previous

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders