car seat for spine/butt pain

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

car seat for spine/butt pain

Postby shaynmack » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:04 pm

any suggestions for 2 yr old with SM, have not ruled out tethered cord or CM yet. we need a better carseat as she is in horrible pain if she sits more than 45 minutes and we have to drive 3 hours for neuro appt.

thanks
shaynmack

Re: car seat for spine/butt pain

Postby jupes » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:07 am

Hello an welcome!

Sorry your little one is in so much pain! :cry: This March 6th post from JenandLuli titled "Car Seats For Kids With SM" has some helpful info!

Good lucK! Hope all goes well with the Neuro appt too!

Julie
14 yr old DD with CM 0/SM and mild scoliosis.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5
jupes

Postby kbaesel » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:19 pm

What type of car seat do you use now?
kbaesel

Postby shaynmack » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:01 pm

We have a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan, with built in car seats. We primaily (sp?) use this, as it works best, can be tilted back, relieving most pressure off her tailbone. Also have a Cosco, and a Graco booster with no back, and she hates both of them. Heard of Recaro (?) but not sure. All of this whole disease process is new to me, and our first go round with a neurosurgeon was a circus............a literal joke. She complains of leg pain, back pain, butt pain. If she is in a reclining position, the farther back the better, the pain lessens as best we can tell. I am wondering if she has a tethered cord, she has a deep dimple, you cannot see the bottom of it, and always says her butt hurts, and like I said, the first Dr. was a joke. Sorry I am writing a novel here, but thought info might give better idea as to what we might need.............

Thanks

:mrgreen:
shaynmack

Return to Pediatrics