School have you frustrated?

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

School have you frustrated?

Postby Sara » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:06 am

Sign up for ASAP's free telephone seminar and find out how to make school easier for your child.

Part One: Learn about eligibility criteria for the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA 2004) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. Get tips to help guide your physician to complete paperwork necessary for the eligibility process. Understand the basic principles, benefits and differences between an Individual Education Plan (IEP) and a Section 504 Plan. Walk away with informaiton that will make advocating for child less stressful and more productive.

About the speaker: Former Parent Liaison for Parent to Parent of Miami, Shannon Mora advocated for children with disabilities in the school system, conducted trainings on the Individuals with Disabilities in Education Act, the Individual Education Plan, and the special education process. Shannon is the mother of three children ages 6, 8 and 10 all three children are diagnosed with Chiari, two also have syringomyelia.
September 29, 2009 12:00pm EST To register: http://dynamic.asap.org/events/register/9

Part two will cover Accomodations and Modifications. Learn what they are, how to choose the best ones, how they should be implemented, and how to advocate for them at your child's next Individual Education Plan (IEP) meeting. October 6, 2009, 12:00pm EST Register: http://dynamic.asap.org/events/register/10
Sara
Site Admin

Re: School have you frustrated?

Postby GrimeyGal » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:26 pm

I registered for this awhile ago and have not received an acknowledgement. Deos anyone know if we will get a confirmation of our registration and a call in number?

Thanx,
Patty
GrimeyGal

Postby Sara » Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:42 pm

A reminder is sent a week prior but you should have gotten an email telling you to confirm. If you did that, then you are registered. It should bring you to a screen that says what number to call in to but they also send it a few days before. If you aren't sure you can try it again. I don't think it will let you register twice.
Sara
Sara
Site Admin

Postby GrimeyGal » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:42 am

It let me register again and this time I got an email so it must not have gone through the first time.

Thanx for putting this on!

Patty
GrimeyGal

Return to Pediatrics