Natasha Sugery was on Tuesday and we are HOME!

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Natasha Sugery was on Tuesday and we are HOME!

Postby MommyToMyCuties » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:45 pm

Everything went well! Shen ended up having a C-1 & C-2 Laminectomy and a Dura Patch as well.

We got home today! Everything is going ok. Shes in a lot of pain, still throwing up but it should get better soon!

Ill post a picture as well

21.40 CM. 1 day after surgery
C-1 & C-2 laminectomy, + A Dura Patch.
DD-Natasha-7yr old with 21.40mm CM
www.caringbridge.org/visit/natashalowery
MommyToMyCuties

Re: Natasha Sugery was on Tuesday and we are HOME!

Postby lttutrow » Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:23 pm

So glad things went well, and wishing her a speedy recovery!!
lttutrow

Postby jupes » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Thanks for the update! Glad she is home from the hospital and hope the pain and nausea have improved. Pray she makes a quick and complete recovery!

Julie
14 yr old DD with CM 0/SM and mild scoliosis.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5
jupes

Postby memom » Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:00 pm

I wanted you to know that we will keep Natasha and your entire family in our thoughts as she recovers. I know how hard this is for everyone. Be strong and just know that better days are ahead. My 7 year old daughter had CM surgery on July 29, 2009 and is doing very well. Again, I wish Natasha all the best!!!!! Memom
Mother of a beautiful 9 year old girl with CM 1.5, SM T 5-8 and Hypermobility. Decompressed 7/09.
memom

Postby youngwife » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:56 pm

Rejoicing along with you that surgery went well!! Bless her heart...throwing up must be so very hard with her incision. I pray that Natasha begin to feel good soon, and will continue to improve a little more each and every day! :)
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Re: Natasha Sugery Update

Postby MommyToMyCuties » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes, Were doing ok. Trying to hang in here. I had called the oncall neruo many many times because she was still in alot of pain 2 weeks post opt. They told me it was normal but my mommy instincts told me it was not. So we went back to the Post opt appointment last week. And I told them what had been doing on. Natasha would get this killer headaches which would have her in a lot of pain and crying hysterically. So they asked me why I did not call. I said I had 6+ times. So they sent us down for a CT. She has a fluid pocket building up right next to the insision. That is why she was in such pain. So they put her on another round of steriods, which are ending today. It seems to have done the trick but we will see... Other than that they still have her out of school they want her to be headache free at night before she goes back.
DD-Natasha-7yr old with 21.40mm CM
www.caringbridge.org/visit/natashalowery
MommyToMyCuties

Postby Janice » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:49 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear she's doing a little better. She remains in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care, (((((Hugs)))))
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to Pediatrics