Daughter has CM1- SM- Scoliosis- CP (MildCase)- SSI denying!

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Daughter has CM1- SM- Scoliosis- CP (MildCase)- SSI denying!

Postby JRamosLV » Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:58 pm

Well- Im here in Las Vegas, Nevada.

My daughter is 6 yrs old and has: CM1 (Chiari 1 Malformation)- SM (Syringohydromyelia)- CP (Cerebral Palsy), {MildCase}- and Scoliosis.

I have just recently appealed the SSI decision of denial. The letter said that they find that she no longer has Neurological problems. I asked the SSI rep that contacted me and asked me why I was Appealing the denial, how can they say that my daughter has NO Neurological problems?? Of coarse she had NO answer for me and said I should receive a letter in the mail in regards to the appeal.

Im stressed that they are going to deny my appeal also. Im not sure what advise anyone could give me but Im all ears...
All I know is that I cant stand the system here in Vegas and how they just blow people off!!! I pray that she isnt denied- she really needs the SSI Disability cause having that qualifies her for FULL Medicaid....

JRamosLV

Re: Daughter has CM1- SM- Scoliosis- CP (MildCase)- SSI denying!

Postby youngwife » Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:29 pm

My 15 year old has CM, Scoliosis, SM, Tethered Cord, and Central Hypothyroidism. She has been denied twice, and are waiting for a court date to appear before the judge.

I understand your frustrations, I am so very sorry.

Rebecca
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Return to Pediatrics