camp

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

camp

Postby lcolangelo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:46 pm

Just wanted to thank all those involved in Miracle Wish for Chiari camp this past weekend! It was such an awesome experience! I don't think my children ever have had such a wonderful time- even at Disney World! We were so sad to see it end! My 3 year old cried when we had to leave-- I almost did too! What a wonderful place to be able to connect with so many people who understand !! My 11 year old loved being able to talk with kids who "know what it's like!" THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
lcolangelo

Re: camp

Postby lttutrow » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:56 pm

I echo the THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! It was a wonderful experience!!
lttutrow

Postby youngwife » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:16 pm

I am very glad that your families had the opportunity to go, and have such a good time! :)
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Postby kaciking » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 pm

DITTO! Ya know, we had expectations - to have fun, to meet all the families (wish we would've had more time!), ....

But we didn't expect to have left there feeling connected to so many, and yes, us too, in tears as we were leaving. Our son is our happy go lucky boy. We've never seen him cry to leave someplace. It was really special and we also had a great time. Our daughter is usually reserved and thought she'd never try a few things - especially stage night! Much to our surprise she really came out of her shell over the weekend. It was so nice to have a place to go that was so much fun for both of our chiari kids, and share that joy with other chiari kids and their families.

Thank you!

Kaci King & family
http://www.kaciking.com
kaciking

Return to Pediatrics