eyes

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

eyes

Postby 3kidssane » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:25 pm

My DD has very poor eyesight. when she was born her right eye was turned out completly to the right (you could only see the white of her eye). We were able to patially correct this through patching, but when we stop patching it starts to turn again. When she was Diagnosed with CM 1 i asked the eye Dr. if he though that could be the cause of her eye prob. he said no but then he asked me what exactly CM was. LOL! Anyways, I was listening to a confrence on this site about treatment of CM & Sm and the Dr. mentioned her type of eye problem. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced eye problems due to CM?
Mother of: DD,8 with Cm 1 protruding tonsils 10mm and SM with Syrinx from t5-t7, 4 mm in depth and 5 mm in width, DC'd 2x 6/2010, DS, 4 with enviromental allergies, food allergies and autism,DS 2, DS 5 months.
3kidssane

Re: eyes

Postby sara b » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Hi,

My daughter has just been diagnosed with glaucoma. She has cm1 sm and scoliosis. I have been told this could all be related but not by her doctors. I am still waiting to hear from her neurologist. I do not know how much help this is.

Sara B
sara b

Re: eyes

Postby 3kidssane » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:58 am

We go for a second oppinion on Feb.1. Unfortunatly it's not with a NS. B ut the Neurologist e are seeing does have experience with CM and SM. I am hoping he can shine some more ligght on her condition. i will still be getting her in to see a NS but this has just come first in the referral prossess.

Thank you for your reply. i hat to hear about your daughters Glocoma. Eye problems creat a whole different set of challenges don't they? I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.
Mother of: DD,8 with Cm 1 protruding tonsils 10mm and SM with Syrinx from t5-t7, 4 mm in depth and 5 mm in width, DC'd 2x 6/2010, DS, 4 with enviromental allergies, food allergies and autism,DS 2, DS 5 months.
3kidssane

Return to Pediatrics