Pediatric Neurosurgeons

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Re: Pediatric Neurosurgeons

Postby KEFALONITIS » Tue May 25, 2010 4:02 pm

Dear friends,

I' m contacting you from Athens, Greece.

Next week my niece and god-child will be in Toronto, Canada in order for her to be examed, because she's a patient with Chiari malformation (it's not yet cleaar if she's Chiari I or II).

Therefore, I'm asking if somebody knows about any "specialized" doctors in Toronto, Canada.

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,

Panagiotis
KEFALONITIS

Postby lhaight » Wed May 26, 2010 8:55 pm

My son's surgeon in Charlotte is Dr. Heavner at Carolina Neurosurgery and Spine.
lhaight

Postby TiredMom » Fri May 28, 2010 9:24 pm

We use Timothy George at Dell Children's in Austin TX. He came very highly recommended to us by Dr. Frim out of Chicago. Frim essentially told us if we weren't able to travel to Chicago, we should definitely seek out Dr. George.
Mom of 9 yo boy with Chiari I, Pineal Cyst, Microdup. Synd. 15q, Mito. Disorder, Ctrll. Sleep Apnea/Sleep Mvmt. Disorder, Asperger's, Hypotonia, Aphasia, GAD, OCD, occipital headaches, etc. Visit at http://caringbridge.org/visit/prestonbyrne
TiredMom

Postby perservance » Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:30 am

Any NS in Alabama or TN? 6 yr old son dx this week SM entire back- desperately wanting a second opinion. NS wants to wait a year to compare MRI scans. Son's pain symptoms spreading throughout extremities and tongue. Pediatric NS @ Vandy or Memphis that is an advocate for SM?
perservance

Postby razzle » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:15 am

Dr. Fred Boop in Memphis ias a good choice
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby Catherine » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:52 am

Dr. Loudon is my daughter's NS. He is really great, and great with the kids. He is with CHOC in Orange County, CA.

Crystal
Catherine

Postby lswihart » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:50 am

All four of my children see Dr. Bolognese at The Chiari Institue in NY, we love him. We have traveled to NY from Texas after 2 failed Decompression here and It was the best thing I have ever done. Good luck and God Bless
Laurie
mom of 4 chiarians
lswihart

Postby medicpt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:36 pm

My daughter sees Dr. Joseph Piatt at Nemours Children's Hospital in Wilmington, DE. We are post op 7 weeks and are very happy so far.

wendi2
medicpt

Previous

Return to Pediatrics