Need a Doctor!

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Need a Doctor!

Postby Angie2 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:59 pm

We live near Columbus, Ohio and would like to get a secound opinion. What options do I have? I would like to explore my possibilities! I have one doctor someone(from this site) recomened from the Cleveland Clinic, his name is Dr.Di (Xiao Di). In which we have set an apt. with. Just want to know if anyone else has seen him or if I should try another doc.?
The doctor we see now is at Childrens Hospital in Columbus, Ohio and have not been happy with him lately! Good doctor, but not good with comunication! Still has not called me back from 2 weeks ago! He left me hanging with my sons results! I have two children with Chiari, my daughter had the decompression surgery 6yrs ago, my son has not had the surgery but looks like he now might have to have it. You can read my recent posting "Need Advise", if you want to see more info.
Thanks,
Angie
Angie2

Re: Need a Doctor!

Postby sydney'smom » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:24 am

Angie:

My 9yr old daughter was dx with CM in November 2009. We live in Dayton, Ohio. We saw a local NS at Dayton Children's Hospital and then saw Dr. Di at Cleveland Clinic for a second opinion in January. We were very please with Dr. Di and from everything I have read about Dr. Di is very experienced with CM. One thing he caught that the local NS didn't was that my daughter has the start of scoliosis which is common with CM. We are scheduled to see Dr. Di again in April and she will have a series of MRI while we are there. We have decided to continue seeing Dr. Di because of his experience with CM, even though it is a 4 hour drive. He is very soft spoke and has a good bedside manner, which to me is key. I did find that because the Cleveland Clinic is so large and they see so many patient the we waited about an hour pass our scheduled time to see Dr. Di and they have not been the quickest to respond to the few calls I have made, but it was quicker than the 2 weeks you have experienced with your current doctor.

Let us know how it goes. When are you scheduled with Dr. Di? I hope you are as pleased with him as we are.

Julie
9 yr old daughter with 19mm CM and 1mm Syrinx.
See Dr. Di at Cleveland Clinic and am scheduling a 2nd opinion with Dr. Frim in Chicago.
sydney'smom

Re: Need a Doctor!

Postby Janice » Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Angie,

I don't have any recommendations for NS's. I wanted to add that if you need additional feedback on Dr. Di, you could put "Dr. Di" in the search box above and see what comes up, then review those posts.

Take care, I wish you the best in future treatment for your child.

Editted to add: P.S. Dr. Di is too short for the search feature. Use "Cleveland Clinic" instead. Most of the posts reference Dr. Di, although some might lists other names of doctors there.
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Return to Pediatrics