Need assistance in establishing causation of Syrinx (from NJ

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Need assistance in establishing causation of Syrinx (from NJ

Postby Jashln9 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:43 pm

Hello my name is Denise. My daughter was involved in a MVA back in 04, she was 10 yrs. old at the time. She was a passenger in her friends car. They were hit in the rear by a commercial van.

She acquired Syrinx. Still has neck and back pain. Suffered from headaches. Whiplash upon impact.

My lawyer does not specialize in Neuro, so now I feel the need to jump in and assist. The doctor my lawyer is speaking with indicates that syrinx is not related to the trauma. Either is her pain.

Can anyone assist with a doctor that can establish causation?

Thanks alot. Sincerely, Denise
Jashln9

accident

Postby chiarimom » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:59 pm

You might want to contact the Chiari Institute in NY to see if they can be of any assistance ---since you are in NJ they are probably the closest.
chiarimom

syrinx

Postby brianfsmom » Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:55 am

That is a tough one. I'm sorry your daughter has to go through this.

Are you looking for a doctor to help her with symptoms, or to help you legally? If it is the latter, you may have difficulty finding a doctor who wants to get involved, especially since I would assume your daughter has no MRIs prior to the MVA...on the other hand, chairi and SM can cause symptoms after an event such as a car crash, so finding an expert would help with getting to the root of the syrinx and pain.

In what part of NJ do you live? Are you closer to NY or to Philadelphia and Delaware?
brianfsmom

Return to Pediatrics