fatty liver??

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

fatty liver??

Postby cluelessinAZ » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:59 pm

So I just took my daughter to the PCP, because she is still having bad abdominal pain, and dizziness. I just switched her to this PCP a couple of months ago. The previous one had ordered and abdominal ultrasound, but I had never been given the results. This new PCP, just got them today, and everything looks normal, except she has a fatty liver. What? She is 11 years old. She is very tiny. The exact opposite of an obese child. She only weighs 69 pounds for pete's sake. This PCP thinks we just need to change the diet, and didn't act like it was a very big deal otherwise. Are you kidding me? I told her that I was concerned that I have passed the CM on to her, and she basically brushed it off. She sent home a stool sample kit, to check for ova and parasites, and Hpylori, and Cryptosporidium, and that's it. This is getting so frustrating!!
Dx'd CM/SM 01/07, DDD, minor scoliosis, Klippel-Feil, hypoplastic vertebrobasilar system,Occipital Neuralgia, mild cervical stenosis, several buldging/protruding disc through c-spine & l-spine, mild osteoarthritis, Hashimoto's Disease, FMS
cluelessinAZ

Re: fatty liver??

Postby medicpt » Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:18 pm

I am sorry your dtr is having pain. I would still have the stool samples evaluated. Whether you like the doc or not.... maybe the samples will reveal why she is having abd. pain. It sounds like this doc has poor listening skills and is not adapt at working with concerns of parents. That can be very frustrating and I am sorry that you are going through this additional frustration. I don't know specifics, but I think that fatty liver can by caused by some genetic syndromes.

Best wishes and blessings,
wendi2
medicpt

Return to Pediatrics