Elastic bands on shorts- problem sound familiar??

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Elastic bands on shorts- problem sound familiar??

Postby pearland1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:00 pm

My three year old daughter has recently been extremely against wearing shorts, or pants....and only dresses.
She screams "ow!" over and over....she seems to be really in pain. Can anyone relate to this?

This also could just be a tantrum...but I wondered if there was any pain that could be related to sensitivity in that area.

FYI, She has been dx'd with CM1, OTC, ?Cranial Settling and ?EDS. Could it be related to the occult tethered cord??

Thank you for your feedback!
pearland1

Postby pearland1 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:01 pm

Oh,....I should clarify that she acts as if the waistband on this clothing is where it hurts. (?)
pearland1

Postby lovemyblessings » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:22 pm

To me, just another Mommy, it sounds like a sensory issue. I have a daughter with sensory issues and she FREAKS out about things that don't feel good to her. she describes it as actual pain, even though it's obviously not hurting her in the way it would hurt anyone without sensory issues. Does that make sense? Look up sensory integration disorder and see if your dd seems to fit.
~Dawn~
Blessed Mommy to six amazing blessings here with us
John 10, Marah 8½, Keegan 7½, Luke 5½, Quintin 4½, and Ruth 3
Caleb Logan expected in August and
And three blessings waiting in Glory, including Selah Marie born @ 17 weeks 4/15/2009
lovemyblessings

Return to Pediatrics