Please look at my dd's MRI's!

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Please look at my dd's MRI's!

Postby JenandLuli » Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:32 am

HI! :D
So I got the CD with my daughters MRI images. I've been looking over them for any signs of Chiari - the drs have told me there is not but cannot give me a reason for 2 syrinx. I've also read that Kaiser does not like to diagnose Chiari. :roll:
Anyway - If you could take a look at the various images and lelt me know what you think I would so appreciate it!!! :D

http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb31 ... %20Syrinx/

Jen and Luli - 21 mo.
tort, plagio, SM
JenandLuli

MRIs

Postby brianfsmom » Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:35 am

Hi Jen

Wow, your daughter has a lovely brain :wink: !!!

I love the images of the little ones, they look so cute.

I am not an expert by any means, I didn't see a real issue in the brain, certainly not like my son's MRI's, especially pre-op. You could request a flow study if you really want to rule it out.

I think this is why you need to make sure you see a doctor who really knows this stuff, like Dr. Frim or someone at that level. I wondered about tethered cord, with the lower back birthmark and the location of that large syrinx. Did they mention anything about that?

At any rate, good luck, sorry not to be of more help. Please let us know how you fare with the surgeon. (you haven't been yet, correct?)
brianfsmom

Return to Pediatrics