any one ever hear of this doctor in long island

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

any one ever hear of this doctor in long island

Postby cmmom » Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:47 pm

We saw a doctor mittler from schneiders childrens hospital in long island ny, has any one ever used him, he looked at my son and said surgery would help him for his cm, We have an appointment with Dr. wisoff also for a second opinion. Can someone help me I would like to know what questions I should ask the doctor. /thanks sharon
cmmom

Postby brianfsmom » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:45 am

Hi Sharon

I have heard of that group, I spoke with someone who loved the other man, perhaps he is the head? His name is also Schneider, same as the hospital. I have heard good things about Mittler, just have no personal experience with him. Hope that helps. What else did they tell you? Did they discuss the level of herniation, or anything more specific about the surgery? What type of patch do they use there and how long did they say he would be in the hospital/recovering at home?

Good luck with Wisoff. As I said, he is very comforting about CM and SM.
brianfsmom

Long Island

Postby chiarimom » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:43 pm

Since it sounds like you are from the LI area have you thought about getting an opinion from The Chiari Institute on the Island. They are affiliated with North Shore University Hospital. These are the surgeons we have used for our daughter as well as Children's Hospital of Philadephia.

Faith
chiarimom

long island doctors

Postby cmmom » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:08 am

Hi faith, I have to send all my sons records to the chiari Institute this week then they will set up an appointment, I just feel so confused each doctor weve seen says something different , the only thing that they all agree on is that he has cm and hydrogemlia , I not sure how you spell that . I will keep you posted on our next appointment. Did your daughter have surgery ? thanks sharon
cmmom

Postby lisa tyner » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:34 am

Hi,
I have been to the chiari institute for a 2nd opinion.I use dr. egnor in stony brook he is caring knowledgable and very conservative.Good luck.Lisa :wink:
lisa tyner

Return to Pediatrics