Chiari Research Project

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Chiari Research Project

Postby bridget_fromIllinois » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:04 pm

Hi Friends,

My name is Bridget Garrett. I am an 8th grade teacher from New Lenox, Illinois and for my master's degree I am conducting a qualitative study on the educational effects of Chiari I Malformation. (Grades K-12)

I was inspired to take on this topic when I read a post on a Chiari forum from a mother who was frustrated with her daughter's school because they did not understand her daughter's condition.

It is my hope that this study will bring about an awareness of Chiari I
Malformation in our schools.

To do that, I need your help with some of the information. Please visit my classroom website if you would like to participate.

http://209.7.110.8/~bgarrett/webfolder/ ... oject.html

The responses will be used to put together a suggested list of accommodations/modifications that schools may implement to help students with Chiari succeed in school. Participant's names will
remain confidential to protect the identity of those involved. I will post the final paper on my classroom website.

I do understand the sensitivity of this topic for I am also a member of the Chiari family. I was diagnosed two years ago.
bridget_fromIllinois

Return to Pediatrics