A coincidence?

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

A coincidence?

Postby okaydorothy » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:59 am

Hi there
Lately since Kirk went back to school his headaches are coming more and more.
But I noticed the following ; last week he was off on Thursday and we had some friends over. That night he had a blinding headache and early the next morning he threw up. It was 4 boys and they were roughhousing during the playdate.

Fast forward to Sunday ; we had a wedding and my friend took the two boys for a sleepover. I picked them up yesterday and Kirk had a headache that got worse until about 4pm when he went to bed and slept if off. Again, it was 4 boys together ; Kirk, his brother Rory and my friends two sons. Yesterday the headache was definately much worse ; he was holding it up and screaming. Motrin and the sleep worked and he got up, had a small sandwich and was fine again.

We have the apt with the NSG on dec 3rd and he did have an MRI last week also.

Is it a coincidence or could it be getting worse? Twice lately after he has friends over, he has thrown up the day after.

dorothy
okaydorothy

Postby brianfsmom » Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 pm

Ugh Dorothy,

Sorry to hear all of this. Are you able to get any results from the MRI before 12/3?

Any number of issues could be causing that to happen in that way. He could be overstimulated, or it could be coincidence - ie an underlying sinus problem that flares up headaches with activity.

Either way, lucky you will have an answer within a few weeks. I'd recommend writing down the things that are triggering attacks. That might help, especially if the MRI shows no change.

Good luck!
brianfsmom

Return to Pediatrics