15 year old son had decopresion on dec 27

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

15 year old son had decopresion on dec 27

Postby medgirl47 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:18 pm

my son had a decompression on dec 27 due to a large synix and chiari 1 malformation. he seems to be doing well, still alot of pain/ we go back in three weeks for a follow up with the dr at AI dupont childrens hospital in wilmington de. the dr. there was very nice and helpful during the surgery. of course being 15 my son thinks that he is invincable. he is learning that even thou he feels good he still has to take it easy.
medgirl47

Postby drummergrl » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:25 pm

That's great that he's starting to feel better! I had my decompression when I was 16, so I know he he feels. It's hard for us to stick to that laid back life when all we want is to jump back to where we left off. But he'll get there... it seemed to take forever for me to get back to where I was beforehand, but in retrospect, I know it wasn't that long!! Just hang in there with him... sounds like everything's going well
CM, SM, Scoliosis
drummergrl

Postby chadry » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:48 am

Hi,
I think I may have talked to you before. I live in Jersey. I just wanted to ask which dr. your son seen at DuPonts? That is the next place I want to take my daughter. I have been a little worried about her lately. She is 12 and has Cm1, and she has been having alot of dizziness/vertigo the last few weeks. I am calling her doctor today about a referral for a second opinion and I need to find some things out about our new insurance. I am so glad to hear the good news about your son's surgery. I hope everything goes well for him. It gives people a good feeling to hear that things go well. Lots of luck. Please give me the name of the doctor.
My daughter has already seen a Dr. Sutton from Children's Hospital in Phila. He said she is a good candidate for the decompression surgery. He seeems to think he can help her. I am just looking for a second opininon and like her ped. said a third or fourth if we can so that we are as informed as possible. Her ped. does not have alot of experience with CM but he is willing to do what he has to to get her the best possible care. Take care
chadry

Return to Pediatrics