Doctor Recommendation

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Doctor Recommendation

Postby mama3 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:05 pm

Has anyone been to Dr. Frim? Did you decide to do the decompression surgery with him? Where did you stay in Chicago?

THANKS!
mama3

Postby lalaswihart » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:26 pm

We did not use him we used Dr Bolognese at TCI, but a good friend of mine used him and really loved him. I will ask her where she stayed.
Laurie
Tx mom of 4 beautiful little ones
8yr old CM1/SM/TC/EDS,
6yr old twins CM1/ TC both possible EDS
4yr old CM1/TC

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37
lalaswihart

Dr. Frimm

Postby chiarimom » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:33 pm

We have friends that also use Dr. Frimm and love him. We have not gone to him although we have emailed with him a few years ago and were very surprsied just how fast hegot back to me.

My understanding is that a Ronald McDonald House is near the hospital. I have heard also wonderful thing sabout this house. Usually you have to check with the physicians office or the social work department to get a room.

Faith
chiarimom

Postby PandR'sMom » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi, mama3. My 10.5yo dd was decompressed by Dr. Frim in October of 2006. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a pediatric neurosurgeon. We live in the Chicago suburbs (about 30 minutes away in good traffic) so a place to stay wasn't an issue. There is a Ronald McDonald House at the University and I have heard good things about staying there.

Good luck.
Kim
Mom to Patrick (12yo) & Rebecca (10yo, CM/SM/Scoliosis, decompressed Oct '06 by Dr. Frim)
PandR'sMom

Postby twinsmommy » Tue Jan 15, 2008 1:30 am

Our son Gabe (5) has had numerous surgeries with Dr. Frim, one being a chiari decompression. I highly recommend him. We stay at the Ronald McDonald House. You will have to have his nurse (Sheri) get a hold of Social Services to set up a room. The new house is just awesome.

Good Luck!
Michelle
twinsmommy

Postby Rebecca Gentry » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:20 pm

Dr Frim did decompression surgery last June on my son. My husband or I stayed with him in his room. There was a futon in the room that worked just fine for us. Dr. Frim is a wonderful Surgeon.
Rebecca Gentry

Return to Pediatrics