Headaches now also at top of head.

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Headaches now also at top of head.

Postby pearland1 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:42 am

Does anyone relate to having headaches, not only at the back of the head, but also at the top of the head? My 3 1/2 year old has been complaining more and more of headaches also in this region. Another quetsion I have is...does anyone notice a change in shape or size of their child's skull at the top? I just feel like it seems the top of her skull has flattened and widened a bit since we first found out. I know this has been a very gradual change, but I do notice a flattening that my other daughter does not have (she does not have CM1 or symptoms). Thanks for any feedback.
FYI, she has already been diagnosed with peg-like CM1 at 16 mm, and questionable EDS, CCI and OTC.
Thank you again.
pearland1

Postby lalaswihart » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:47 am

Hello sweetie,

I left you a message but I thought it would help to post too. Belle my 6 yr old complains a lot about top of head headaches, and has a more flatten top of head, so does charlie, her twin. They are having TCS on March 18th at TCI. I think these headaches are from the tether cord pulling, b/c they stopped for Caroline after surgery. ?????? but this is my findings not a real anwser from Dr. B. I will be asking him when we see him in a few weeks.

take care and you are in my prayers!!!! :wink:
Laurie
Tx mom of 4 beautiful little ones
8yr old CM1/SM/TC/EDS,
6yr old twins CM1/ TC both possible EDS
4yr old CM1/TC

"For nothing is impossible with God." Luke 1:37
lalaswihart

Postby Chrystal » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:38 pm

My daughter never described her headaches as in the back but always in the very center of her forehead. Her remaining headaches after surgery are still in the front or the side. She could of had them in the back and just not expressed it. I assume in the front is where she felt the most pressure and after throwing up some of the pressure would pass and she would start the cycle all over again.
Chrystal

Return to Pediatrics