He says surgery.....

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

He says surgery.....

Postby Beach4me » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:39 am

We had our visit with Dr. Fuchs @ Duke for my 12 yr old dd. I was hoping for ..... lets watch her but came away with surgery.

Her symptoms are getting worse. In the past two weeks, the numbness/tingling in legs are really starting to be noticable.

We are hoping to wait until school is out. She is scared of course. I just wonder if this will be her one and only surgery. I know there are no guarantees but I sure would like to think so.
Beach4me

Postby dtyree » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:48 am

Dear Beach4Me- Greetings to ya!!

Do you mind mentioning what the surgery is for, a certain dx?

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Beach4me » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:11 pm

CM1
Beach4me

Postby Terri in Cali » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:14 pm

I am so sorry to hear that you did not get what you were hoping for. When I heard surgery I thought it would be a wonderful fix... what I failed to hear was that it was not guarnteed and there are some complications that could come from it.

I totally understand wanting to wait until school is out... that is what I am waiting for now. Being mid-March, there really is only about 10 weeks left of school. Talk to the doctor, maybe she can wait that long (with maybe an extra week or so to enjoy some 'free' time). Can't hurt to ask ;)
Terri in Cali
ACMI 22mm herniation
Decompressed 9/4/07
Still wondering if I will ever be normal
www.beautipage.com/sonomaspa
Terri in Cali

daughter

Postby Sara » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:09 am

My daughter Holly is 13, if she'd like to email her and talk about the upcoming surgery she can reach her through me sarap@cfl.rr.com
Also, I'm starting a new support program for parents, if you are interested email me and I tell you more about it.
Sara
Sara
Site Admin

Return to Pediatrics