Strange question

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Strange question

Postby Rosellen » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:23 pm

This is a strange question & I don't know if this has anything to do with the condition, but I am new to this diagnose. Anyway my son is 8 yrs, diagnosed with boderline CM, csf flow is causing the pituitary gland to be flat, & NS suspects tethered cord, now I am pretty educated on the CM, from reading & all your advice, but my strange question is regarding tethered cord....Does this sound familar to anyone or is this just something else, for weeks now everytime my son goes to the bathroom & cleans himself there is always blood. Is this something that happens with tethered cord, or maybe he just straining himself, I don't know. If anyone has advice, please let me know.
Rosellen

Postby dtyree » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:04 pm

Rosellen, greetings. I believe, whenever there is bleeding, some serious issues are at stake and need to be checked out by a doctor as soon as possible, even if unrelated to thethered chord. Something definitely is going on, even with tomorrow being Saturday, I would get him in there.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby angie7 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Tethered cord (TCS) is a condition that seems to run with CM (not in all cases) but the blood would concern me. I know tethered cord can cause bowel/bladder problems but usually incontience but the blood is definately something that needs to be checked out. I would get him to a doctor ASAP.
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Return to Pediatrics