4 year old wellness appointment with pediatrican-what ??s?

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

4 year old wellness appointment with pediatrican-what ??s?

Postby pearland1 » Tue May 06, 2008 12:29 am

Our 4 year old daughter has her wellness appointment coming up wtih her pediatrician. What questions should I include during this visit?
She has already been diagnosed with CM1 (16 mm plugged herniation), ?EDS, ?CCI, ?OTCS at the age of 2 1/2 years old. She is a patient with The Chiari Institute in New York (with Dr. Bolognese).
I am particularly concerned with the diameter and flatness (at top) of her skull. This has changed significantly to me, since she was diagnosed with CM1. I am also concerned with leg pains (at back of her knee and side of her knee..also in thigh area), headaches (at top of head and back of head at base of neck) & very frustrating moodiness (terrible behavior & irrationality & tantrums (too many and too intense for her age...lots of tears and fits) for days at a time). :cry: Anyone that can relate to me is welcomed to submit comments.
Thanks for the feedback!
pearland1

Re: 4 year old wellness appointment with pediatrican-what ??s?

Postby brianfsmom » Tue May 06, 2008 5:43 am

Hi

Has she had surgery?

To be honest, I dont ask my pediatrician much about the CM or any of it. I use the well visits to chart growth and check basics. Otherwise, I use the semi-annual neurologist visit as my source of all CM information; and up until he discharged us, the surgeon. Although I might bring up the moodiness at your visit; and of course you can mention any concerns. I just wouldn't be too hopeful to get good answers from an average pediatrician. (maybe yours is above average!)

One time the pediatrician tried to send us to an orthopedic because she thought she saw a mild thoracic curve, but we had the neurologist the next week and he said, no way. So I prefer to just stick with him, he sees a lot more of it than the peds, my son is their only CM patient. My nerves can't take false alarms.

Good luck! Sorry not to be more helpful. That's just my own feeling.
brianfsmom

Return to Pediatrics