Surgery is July 8th

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Surgery is July 8th

Postby SHANNON76 » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:53 pm

Hello again,
It's been a while since i've chatted with you all(since Feb.) Since then, I have taken my son, Reece, to see Dr. Muraszko at the University of Michigan. She was wonderful!She was our second opinion, and also belives that surgery is necessary since the syrinx has gotten larger. My husband and I feel very confident with her. She was very informative and knowledgeable. I was very surprised to hear that he could possibly be out of the hospital in 2-3 days. She did say that he would be on complete bed rest for about 2wks after surgery, so he'll be spoiled playing video games and watching tv!!!! Reece is scheduled for decompression surgery on July 8th. Time is very near and I am so very nervous of course. Im just asking for your thoughts and prayers for Reece to help him through it all. He is a tough little boy and I know he'll do just fine. I will keep you updated. Thank you!
Shannon
SHANNON76

Re: Surgery is July 8th

Postby jupes » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:38 pm

Hello Shannon!

Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers! Praying for Reece to have a speedy recovery! Keep us updated!

Julie
14 yr old DD with CM 0/SM and mild scoliosis.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5
jupes

Postby GeminiMisty » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:57 am

My thoughts and prayers are with Reece and you.
~Misty~
GeminiMisty

Postby GrimeyGal » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:53 pm

Best wishes to Reece tomorrow.

Patty
GrimeyGal

Postby MommyToMyCuties » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Best Wishes to you family today! Hope for a speedy recovery
DD-Natasha-7yr old with 21.40mm CM
www.caringbridge.org/visit/natashalowery