Update on Natasha plus some questions for you all!?

Have a child with SM/Chiari? Share issues unique to children and their caregivers.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Update on Natasha plus some questions for you all!?

Postby MommyToMyCuties » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:09 pm

Well were back from the Neruosurgeon. It went well. I finally found out more than just hearing "She has CM1"

Natasha has a 21.40mm CM w/o SM . Her headaches along with many other symptoms just keep progressing. We are going to be doing the decompression sugery.. Anyone who has been through surgery please let me know what I should bring, that made your child's stay at the hospital more comfortable. And anyother things that I should be preparred for or know, Would be very appreciated~

Thanks Crystal

Natasha-6yr old 21.40 CM1
DD-Natasha-7yr old with 21.40mm CM
www.caringbridge.org/visit/natashalowery
MommyToMyCuties

Re: Update on Natasha plus some questions for you all!?

Postby MommyToMyCuties » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:21 pm

It would be wonderful if anyone could give me some in-site... It would be greatly appreciated
MommyToMyCuties

Postby MommyToMyCuties » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:21 pm

It would be wonderful if anyone could give me some in-site... It would be greatly appreciated
MommyToMyCuties

Postby jupes » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:36 pm

Hello Crystal!

My daughter has not had surgery so I can not give you any personal advice. A previous post from May on "Surgery Preparation" may be helpful and if you post on the adult forum I know you will get more responses. This peds site hasn't been as active this summer probably due to family vacations , sports ect! Hope you find answers and pray for a successful surgery. Keep us updated on how things go!

(((HUGS)))

Julie
14 yr old DD with CM 0/SM and mild scoliosis.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding" Proverbs 3:5
jupes

Postby nomadmom » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi Crystal,

My Son had chiari decompression surgery on June 5. He's doing well.

I can't tell you anything different from the other posts about surgery preparation. I brought pj's for him, but he didn't feel like getting into his pj's or clothes until the day he left the hospital. He had a pretty short stay though. He had the surgery Friday and left the hospital Monday morning.

I guess the best thing we brought to the hospital was our laptop. He slept a lot, so there was a lot of quiet time. I couldn't focus to read my book, so googling things and emailing family kept me occupied-well in between all the prayers!

Please feel free to private message me with any questions.

I will keep your daughter and family in my prayers.

Gabrielle
nomadmom

Return to Pediatrics