Bra/ bodyshaper advice??

Questions and information about accessibility, equipment and related issues.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Bra/ bodyshaper advice??

Postby lavala » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:35 pm

I have a post traumatic syrinx from T6 to T12. I find that wearing a bra is really painful. I do need some support but am unsure what to purchase as I have large (DD cup) breasts. I have thought that something like a one piece bathing suit might work as it wouldn't constrict through my mid back/ ribcage.

What would you advise?
lavala

Re: Bra/ bodyshaper advice??

Postby karenb » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:26 pm

I don't know what to advise... I have much the same problem, and bras are a real struggle (finding one that helps my back feel better and also supports my (ahem...) rather ample frontal area.

So far, the best things I've found are sports bras - they seem to support the thoracic spine area and the mammaries. I did some hit-and-miss research today, and it appears that there is a market (and suppliers) of "full-figured" posture bras.

Best wishes in your search! Please let me know what you find....

Karen
karenb

Postby Peachdejour » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:30 pm

I found the razor back body shaper demi bra from victoria secret has been a life saver. It hooks in the front too which saves some shoulder pain trying to put the darn thing on.
Peachdejour

Postby marymac » Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Don't know if it's because I'm older or what but I'm done wrapping myself in "rubber bands" all day: the bra, the waistband, the underwear: it's all uncomfortable. Some woman can not go without, I do understand, but if so, give yourself a break with all the other "bands". Nightgowns and Mummu's!!!
Marymac
Central disc herniations C5-6 and C6-7, extensive syringohydromyelia cavity throughout the cervical & thoracic cord (large syrinx from C6 inferiorly.)

"Every day is a gift: Thats why it's called the Present"
marymac

Postby razzle » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:33 am

Genie bra saved me
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Return to Equipment/Accessibility