disability/ssi/ssdi???

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

disability/ssi/ssdi???

Postby vframe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:34 pm

ok, so my NS told me to go ahead and file for disability as it takes a while, i did and also applied for ssi, but i was informed that it may take up to 120 days to hear back from them. so what if anything can i do to ensure i get it?
vframe

Re: disability/ssi/ssdi???

Postby gunflint » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:44 pm

Be honest and very detailed. You will likely get rejected for SSI sooner than you will get a response on SSDI. About half way through the process I received a letter from SSDI wanting me to outline my daily activities, abilities and so on. Start keeping track of how your SM has changed your life and what you now have difficulty doing. Some people get accepted on their first try others have to fight hard for it. Good luck.
gunflint

Postby vframe » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 pm

thank you, i will definitely start keeping track, it is hard to believe things that i can no longer do or that hurt to do, anything else i should know? also i have another question, my husband was told that if we got a divorce, i would have a better chance of getting my disability,
vframe

Postby gunflint » Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:57 am

I have never heard the divorce thing and would be very skeptical about taking advice from whoever said that.
gunflint

Postby razzle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:01 am

getting a divorce has nothing do with SSD . its your disability . he can make 1 million dollars and wouldnt mean a thing ..Its what you paid in all these years not him.... sent you a PM
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby vframe » Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:37 am

thanks raz, got your pm and i did the eval, waiting on a reply. my hubby is listening to people at work who think they are trying to help. i told him i have looked in to this and can find no proof that a divorce would help. he is listening to ignorant people.
vframe

Postby razzle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:31 am

by the way vframe hope your birthday was great
Once you choose hope, anything's possible.

Roz( Razzle51 or Rosalyn
Iowa
razzle

Postby vframe » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:20 am

raz, sent you a pm, thanks
vframe

Postby melmillMI » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:04 pm

I am currently working as an Office Mgr, but taking a lot of time off as I also do shipping and receiving, I cannot sit in a chair longer than few minutes and the 45 minute one way commute takes about 2 hrs as I have to keep stopping and moving about. My dr suggested as well I look into disability. Do they actually recognize Chiari?
melmillMI

Return to Disability Insurance Issues