Appeals Council sounds fair

Questions, answers and discussion relating to insurance and Social Security.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Appeals Council sounds fair

Postby marja » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:49 pm

This is the 2nd time the Appeals Council sent my case back to an Administrative Law Judge. They always sound fair catching the Judge's mistakes. Why isn't the Judge fair like the Appeals Council? The Appeals Council could not watch the videotape of my hearing because the Judge lost it. I know I looked confused or slow when the Judge asked me certain questions (because I was confused) so I wonder if he got rid of the videotape on purpose?

I have never had an attorney because I could not deal with an attorney asking me all these questions about my loser life due to disability. I wanted to keep it private. Do you think Judges take advantage of people who do not have attorneys thinking they can make tons of unfair mistakes like they have in my case?

Do you know of anyone who was approved in Denver, Colorado? I was planning to move out of state there. Would that delay my case if I moved this summer? The Appeals Council has not assigned my case to another Judge, yet.
marja

Re: Appeals Council sounds fair

Postby pmaxwell » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Why do you think you are a loser? You did not ask for this. I bet you would much rather be working than having this battle. It has always seemed unfair to me that a lawyer should get a percentage of a person's disability settlement but they are experienced in what needs to be presented and how to present it. So at least consider getting some help if it can make the process easier for you. And don't let other make you think less of yourself.

Patricia
Together We Can...
pmaxwell

Return to Disability Insurance Issues