Disability Forms.....

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Disability Forms.....

Postby Raindrops » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:22 pm

I read on this site (http://www.conquerchiari.org/FAQ.htm#C21) that the ASAP org has created a form to assist people w/ filing for disability. Have any of you used this form? was it helpful? Where can I find it. I search the whole site....with no luck.

Thanks in Advance

Insertion from the above mentioned site:

21. Am I eligible for disability?
Many people with Chiari have qualified for government disability. Some people have been able to get disability easily, while others have had to fight for it. The American Syringomyelia Alliance Project (www.asap.org) has put together a form to help people with Chiari and syringomyelia get the benefits they deserve.
Raindrops

Form

Postby razzle51 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:08 pm

I believe you have to call or email the ASAP office to get a form . They do not have it online any more. Syringomyelia is a listed disease on the SS blue book , Chiari is not . But still can be awarded .
http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professio ... -Adult.htm
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby kathymichelle » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:56 pm

Usually its a combination of things that can/will get you awarded SSDI.

I think Chiari was the main thing for me, and some complicating factors also helped.
kathymichelle

Postby paularay » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:12 pm

I wish I knew of this form when I needed it. I hope it helps you. It took mee at least a year or longer and I was denied twice and then finally got it after having a hearing with the judge. I also did it without a lawyer, I refused to give someone else my money that I worked for. Best of luck!
Paula
paularay

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders