Any suggestions?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Any suggestions?

Postby hayla2 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:56 am

I can't sleep anymore. The pain and pressure at the base of my skull is too much. Everytime I lay down it becomes too unbearable. Then when I get up in the morning, it takes forever for me to be able to function. Right now I am in so much pain I can't stand it.

I have tried elevating myself. I have even put extra support right at the neck. I know that in the last week something has changed because the pressure in my neck is constant, as opposed to it doing it on my really bad days. But, I have got to sleep! I see the surgeon on Monday to discuss going through with the decompression. But I am afraid that he may have to schedule out a ways. Until then, any suggestions on this extreme pressure? Melissa
Oh my brain! It is too big to be contained, yet too little to hold a memory. Hehehehehe
hayla2

Postby sparks42 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:03 am

I asked my doctor this question "what do i do when i can't sleep becuase of the pain and i've already taken all my meds and i just cant make my head feel any better, and need to get to sleep?"

he actually gave me sleeping pills. it doesn't take away the pain obviously, but at least you can get to sleep! ask your doc for that maybe?
- Syringomyelia, Scoliosis, Spinal Fusion, no CM
- 24 year old female
- London Ontario Canada
sparks42

suggestions

Postby hoz74 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:15 am

I usually use a ice pack on my neck for 20 min before going to bed and take a strong muscle relaxer or valium perscribed by my doctor and that does the trick for me. I used to be the same way I couldnt sleep at all or only for about 2 hours at a time because of the pressure and pain and now I get about 5-6 at a time which seems great now. Hope this helps some and you get some relief soon.
Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders