MRI results

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

MRI results

Postby hoz74 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:12 am

I had my latest MRI tuesday, what fun. It was an open mri and they said it would take 40 minutes so I took 1/2 a valium and after 40 minutes the tech came in and said they were going to take more pics so total I was in there for an hour and 1/2 needless to say the valium wore off but it wasnt too bad because it was an open one. The doctor said I still am herniated a bit from the chiari ( I didnt get the mm) I have arthritis in my neck which doesnt surprise me and I have some bone spurs, but nothing too terrible, but the x rays they took last week said I have scoliosis in my back and the curvature in my neck is turning the opposite way that it should. My doctor kinda of suspects that I might have sm but I have to pay off the latest cervical MRI before I get the thoracic one (insurance red tape) and I have an emg scheduled and PT to get through. So thats the latest on me, Hope you all are doing well. Thanks for listening. Love to all
Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Postby Ryzing » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:37 pm

Hey Holly,

Glad to hear you got through the MRI. Those NOMS ladies know what they're doing! The teacher I worked with over at Shawnee had a curve in her spine that was making her spine twist completely around - she just had surgery for it. I hope yours doesn't get that far. Is Advanced Neurologic Assoc. doing the EMG? Bauer did mine. I can sympathize with the scoliosis - I was diagnosed at 13, 27 years ago. Sorry to hear you're hernating again. :x

Thanks for sharing the news!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby mac » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:50 pm

Hi HOlly, thanks for letting us know what's going on. It's a bummer when you have to wait (oh dear, I had to "wait" for ten seconds to figure out how to spell "wait!") to get the imaging you need! You have lots of tests coming up, so let us know how they come out. have you been having sx that would lead you and your doctor to conclude you have a thoracic sm? Not that I would know what they are! Or does he believe you have sm because of the curvature of the spine?

Sounds like lots of things to think about and pray about. I'm right there with ya!

mac
mac

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders