Interesting videos from ConquerChiari site

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Interesting videos from ConquerChiari site

Postby WeeLassie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:13 pm

If anyone is interested, I found these fantastic videos on the ConquerChiari site. There is an especially interesting one by Dr. Bejjani regarding failed Chiari decompression surgery.

http://hosted.mediasite.com/hosted4/Cat ... 4e8e9bb220

These videos are worth taking a look at. Just scroll down the opening page to find them. 8)

These videos are from the Conquer Chiari Research Symposium June 2, 2007.
WeeLassie

Postby kathymichelle » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:08 pm

Excellent. And its interesting to hear all this. I really, really appreciate your efforts in bringing this to us.
Free too is best!
kathymichelle

Postby mac » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:57 pm

WL, I was wondering where those taped seminars were located, I'm wanting to watch them, I've heard so many good things about them! Thanks so much!!

mac
mac

Postby WeeLassie » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:17 pm

Here is more info on the symposium and its location.

http://www.conquerchiari.org/Research.htm

The videos are incredibly interesting and informative.

Scroll down the page and you'll find much more. 8)
WeeLassie

Postby mac » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:36 am

I watched half of the one last night with Dr. Beijjani...oooh boy does he talk fast! I had to stop watching it, for this poor old brain damaged gal! He seems so nice and so smart!! I'll have to watch in pieces...

:wink:

just mac
mac

Postby donbr » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:10 am

ahhhhh dang it I cant see the videos, i know i have an older computer and the connection speed should be fast enough but its just an old computer.
Don
donbr

Postby kathymichelle » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:59 am

I watched the one on "failed chiari decompressions" and wonder if I fell into that group.

I take issue with one stance that he had, while there aren't enough data to support much of it...was that failed chiari surgeries are 'psychiatric' related, especially if without a syrinx.

We all come a long way and then a NSG saying that? I am curious, but then again we may never know.
We are all different...and our conditions are different. But to suggest that
'psychiatric' causes for a small percentage could be reason for the failures.
I will have to watch it again for a better perspective, hopefully with a second and third look I can understand it better.

Thanks again WL.
kathymichelle

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders