My Ford days are over, I tried

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

My Ford days are over, I tried

Postby Amy Joe » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:22 am

I had it all worked out at my job. Cut a few hours here and there. Reduce some of the work load. Had great support from my 2 salesmanagers.

Well my number 1 supporter has been let go :cry: . It has been 1 week and I have been dumped on to do even more work. Last night the GM was so mad I was leaving @ 6pm, even thou I had stayed an extra hour already. Proceeded to make several calls to me thru out the evening that were not nice.

I can not be worked up like this. I was angry and took it out on the family.

Once they let this manager go I knew I was in trouble. I knew they would shove more work my way, so I did they right thing for ME.

Wednesday we (DH, son and a coworker) had an interview with a previous manager (formely a 34yr vet @ Ford) at a Toyota dealership. Layed it out on the table what I can do and can't. He knows me because I worked for him when I was dx w/ CM.

More money, fewer hours, zero clerical cleanup stuff I do now. No winter cleaning cars for me..... set that NOW! The vacation time SET NOW. And they will take us ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been with Ford for 10 years, done alot of great things. I am OK with it being over. Like I said 01/01/2008 is about helping myself!

Only drawback is 90 day wait for insurance. I will carry COBRA.

Oh and my notice, they aren't getting one!!!! :D :D :D Once I have had my CPAP sleep study on the 23rd of this month, I will have my last day on the 25th............ If I give a notice they will try and force us to stay or make me train someone else for my position............. Help me and I help you, hurt me and I'll hurt you! I can't take any more abuse, yelling or playing with my head.

I woke with a peace today. Go ahead scream at me, it's not going to effect me ever again from this job, cause it's only a job. They are replaceable and my health is not!!!!

I am looking to all of you for prayers!!!!!!!!! This is the biggest change in my career, but I am doing it for the better of my health.

Amy Joe
MVA 11/05, Dx CM 7mm 1/06, PFD 10/07/2008
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
NS: Dr Carl B Heilman
Tufts Medical in Boston
http://www.amyjoeonetoughcookie.blogspot.com
Amy Joe

Postby dtyree » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:35 am

Amy Joe, good morning - I think??

Major move on your part, this change really impacts life at several angles. You mentioned no notice. This might be undesirable. I understand your point of view, fully. But leaving on negative terms can, will, might impact your future. As they say, don't burn your bridges. Do you have any vacation time left? Say a week or two. Then give your notice to include your vacation time. The 25th could be your last day and then take your vacation time beginning the 26th. And your last day is one, two weeks later. Makes sense?

Just to help you.

Try to have a good one, and stick to your guns about your hours. Try to get to them about your notice, before they have a chance to fire you.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Ryzing » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:48 am

Amy Joe,

I'm so sorry to hear your employer has treated you this way after 10 years of service. P.U. -- something stinks!

I don't blame you for wanting to just get the *bleep* out of Dodge (no car pun intended). You want to throw it to them like they threw it to you. Can you maybe give them just a week's notice? David is right - you wouldn't want to leave looking too angry. Giving any kind of notice would tell your employer you're not happy, you won't put up with their abuse and you're ready to move on to bigger things - and at the same time, following some rules and looking like the bigger person.

I wish you nothing but the best,

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby dtyree » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:51 am

Get the *bleep* outta Ford?? Nah, doesn't work.

Peace,
David
dtyree

Ford

Postby razzle51 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:07 am

Remember the saying "Found on road Dead" = FORD

but still sad about your place of employment
Last edited by razzle51 on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby Ryzing » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:10 am

Hey now, Mama - I drive an Explorer! And I'll have you know it's never been "Found On Road Dead"...don't ask about my Dodge, though... :lol:

David - I tried to make "Get out of Ford" work too, but it just didn't do it for me, either. :D
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby SMLady » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:43 am

omg. We went through two brand new explorers in 4 years. The first one was an Eddie Bauer. It was recalled 5 times in the two years we had it. Something was always going wrong with it. We though maybe it was just because it was the Eddie Bauer version, so we downsized and went with the XLT version. WRONG! This one was just as bad. The dimming lights never worked, half the time it wouldn't start, and every time you turned left, the windshield wipers would turn on. And you couldn't turn them off because the switch to turn them on wasn't actually turned to the on position. They just came on by themselves!

We switched to Hondas and never had a problem. Unless you count the median I HIT ON THE WAY TO THE DOCTOR THIS MORNING!!!!!!!!

D - I'm glad someone has had good experiences with Fords.
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby georgiagal » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:46 am

My DH is a Chevy person and his mechanic is a Ford person (named his daughter Shelby after the Cobra).

The mechanic's version of FORD = "First on Race Day". We're not race fans, so we let him have that one.
Last edited by georgiagal on Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
georgiagal

Postby Amy Joe » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks guys!

Next friday we sign our letter of intent. Very excited!

As far as the notice, they will have only 1 day. It is a decision that we have all made because of my health. If we give a normal 1-2 week they are going to make it very stressful on me. When we were recruited to come to this location we gave a 2 week notice and all was fine.

Burning a bridge is not of a concern, I would never consider coming back here or to any of the 42 stores under this owner.

My resume's is 100% safe, all my references come from Ford Motor Company reps and not dealership personel. I have the complete support from FMC although they are loosing me to another brand. I have worked with these great people for 10 years, they know it is to be expected with the way this dealership treats us all.

HC you are so right, it feels great to have resolve...... I bring alot to the table for any dealer, the most important thing I want from a dealer is RESPECT.

Thanks to all for your thoughts. Heres to Toyota Racing!!!!!!!!

Amy Joe
Occipital Neuralgia, POT's, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, Vitamin D Deficient, Lymes, Celiac
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby Beverley » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:27 pm

Amy Joe,

I am happy that you and your family put your helth first. It is wonderful that you all are able to leave and join a new group together.

Somtimes as we become less able to do what we use to we see ourselves through our disabilities rather than are strengths and what we do have to offer even if it is not what we were once able to do.

I love that you are going to get more money for less hours.
Blessings come from many different places. It may hurt while we are worring about it but in the end it works out for the better.

Beverley
Decompression Surgery Feb 8, 2008 w/Duraplasty & Laminectomy C-1&2
Cervical Disc Fusion 11/08 C5&6/6&7- Mild Disc Bulge L2-Focal Hemangioma
L2-L5-Lipoma 3mm L4&L5-Disc Bulge T11&T12-DDD
Dopa-Responsive Dystonia (DRD)
Beverley

Postby Amy Joe » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:31 am

Beverly, thanks.

It's my faith, I can not carry all these burdons on my shoulders. As I have posted before I am not a big church going person. But I turn to my faith and have asked for help.

Also most of us get caught up with our identity by our jobs. I did for many many years. I have to everyday remind myself, like your job.....love my health. I use to feel guilty, I don't anymore.

I will have a few tears leaving the blue oval. All my jackets and hats ect say Built Ford Tough, my hat is pink and I love it, it says chicks love mud with a big super duty truck. BUT!!! I need to close one door before I can open another. I still have NASCAR.

Less then 2 weeks. So I will be lean' on you all for the "keep positive"

Thanks so much it means the world to me

God Bless

Amy Joe
Tufts Medical in Boston
Amy Joe

Postby dtyree » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:44 am

Amy Joe, good morning!! Remember, church attendance is not a measurement of one's faith. It's an internal thing.

And I'm sure Toyota makes beautiful hats and jackets, socks, maybe underwear!!

Peace,
David
dtyree

Postby kiminfla » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:06 am

Amy Joe, Wanted to wish you the best with your new job! It seems that the change will be a wonderful thing for you and your family! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Sandy » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:51 am

AmyJoe,

I'll keep you in my prayers, no problem! Changes due to these conditions are necessary and often more painful than we'd like.

I remember it like HC siad, Fix or Repair Daily. And Friends don't let friends...drive Fords! :lol: :lol: OF course they had the same bumper sticker that related to Chevy.

I dont' blame you. Get the Ford out of there and go on to better, healthier times.

We have a Toyota and I love it! A Highlander. Everything works right. And even I can drive it. well, rarely but sometimes.

I wish you and your family only the best.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby Ryzing » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Best of luck to you, Amy Joe! I hope your new employer treats you like the valuable person you are :D .

Diane
Ryzing

Next

Return to ASAP Lounge