Top of the morning to you!

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Top of the morning to you!

Postby kittb » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:11 am

Happy St. Patrick's day! To all those of Irish descent, and those who aren't, have a good day!
Kittb :D
If you ever lose yourself, call on me and we'll be lost together-Kitt
kittb

Postby specialmomx2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:21 am

Lá Féile Pádraig hana díabh go léir!

That is supposed to say "Happy St Patricks day to you all" but
I have no idea if I spelled it right. My Irish is very rusty. ;)

-Paula (who is from Ireland)
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby SMLady » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:44 pm

Paula, that is great! I didn't know you were from Ireland. My great grandparents came over here from Scotland and Ireland, and I've always wanted to go to both places. My son, who is 9, thinks it is so cool that he's parth Irish. He doesn't care about the scottish, german, or swiss. Just the irish.

Happy St. Patrick's day!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby specialmomx2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 2:35 pm

Glenna,

We have a lot in common with your great-grandparents. My husband is from Scotland. We met in London and moved to NY together. My daughter (named Siobhán!) likes that she is Irish and Scottish. However my son insists that he is American. That's it. Not Irish- or Scottish- or anything-American. Just American.

They just came off the school bus. She has acquired a green plastic bowler hat and has shamrock stickers all over her shirt. The first words out of her mouth were "When are you taking me to Ireland?" He is just as he left this morning. His first words off the bus were "Hi Mom, Can I have a snack?"

Oh well... At least he said "hi"!

-Paula

-Paula
"idiopathic" SM T3-T5 taking 50% of available space. Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Cervical stenosis, DDD, metabolic issues including reactive hypoglycemia.

check out my blog: www.onesickmother.com
specialmomx2

Postby SMLady » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:40 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby dtyree » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:14 pm

OH, these are wonderful posts here. Stupid me did not check the calendar and realize the date. That probably accounts for all the Irish tones on the TV. If I only had a brain.

Hey, Happy St Patricks Day everyone!!! Duh!

Oh, by the way, kids do keep up going. Mine has fallen in this creek close by (out of school this week-spring break) and came in and took a bath and changed his clothes. I went - what is going on? He is such a neat freak but he is such a joy and sometimes just comes out of left field.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby Snoozie » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:45 pm

We just finished our corned beef and cabbage. It was so good I don't know why I only fix it once a year.

No green beer this year though...bummer...Sue
Seek peace, and pursue it. (Proverbs 34:14)”
Snoozie

Return to ASAP Lounge