My day.

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

My day.

Postby dtyree » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:01 am

Someone a while back asked what do you do? Here goes.

I wake, catch the news, fix coffee, do some computer stuff, fix breakfast for the folks, take the dog for his walk, sit, get cleaned up, sit, do computer stuff, catch some TV, time to fix lunch, sit, take a nap 2-3 hours, fix supper for all, clean up, sit, computer stuff, TV, sit, tuck in the son, get ready for the night.

My life for the last about 2 months. Needless to say, quality of life is not in the toilet, it got flushed. I am envious of others for what they can do. I envy my former days that were more meaningful, full, giving of opportunities. I am not seeking pity. What I would love to have is an answer, what is happening. Until that day comes, this is what I do. I am still in good spirits in spite of all, so do not worry, not "going" anywhere.

Peace,
David
Been called a "walking medical dictionary".
dtyree

Postby SMLady » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:21 am

That's interesting!

My day goes like this: Husband screams for me to get out of bed at 6:20 because I should have been up at 5:30. Brush teeth, pour Red Bull, get in shower, spend 1 hour trying to figure out what I'm going to wear, leave house, turn back because I forgot something AGAIN, go to work, turn computer on, check email, write some code, go to ASAP, write some code, answer emails, write some code, go to asap, write some code, answer more emails, tell boss I have to leave for a short while so I can a)go to the doctor or b) go on an audition, come back to work, check emails, write code. Then I leave, get son, go home, walk dog, feed son, do a load of laundry, and then I'm pretty much SPENT! So I go to bed, and then my husband screams for me to get up because I'm to young to go to bed at 7:30.

That's about it! :lol:
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby Janice » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 am

Aside from the cooking and no dog, my day is pretty much like yours, David.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby syrinx48 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:42 pm

ditto for me, I try to read sometimes, but when I read a page I already forgot what I read.

I sometimes feel very bored. When my youngest comes home from school she asks me how my day was and says: boring, haven't you got any news to tell me?

That I find very difficult. Leading the life I had, 4 children, 2 dogs (labrador, one of them is so strong I can't walk him because in Holand dogs should be on a leash), a job as a nurse for 3 days in the week, did my own house cleaning, and married to a wonderful husband but with a job you never know when he will be at home ( he is a gastro enterologist/hepatologist and did until quite recently research work). Away from home quite often, joining congresses as a speaker etc etc. But now......

But I won't let me discourage myself, seeking opportunities in what I am capable off. I am one of the motors behind a Dutch association for syringomyelia and Chiari Malformation. We even have our own website and are registered. Here I am able to help other people seeking for help when first diagnosed. In Holland and in the Dutch language there is little or no information found about our condition. This is what keeps me going, it is eventually the same work I used to do, giving information and helping other people, so to me it is very satisfying.
Have to be carefull though, not to be carried away because then it is bedtime for me too! even at day time.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby syrinx48 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:33 pm

HC,

Thank you for the compliment!

At the age of 9 I started writing with an English girl from Plymouth. Then I went with a girlfriend when I was 16 to England and stayed for the holidays in an English family. They had a cab company and a very old aunty who had to answer the phone. When she was able to reach the phone it stopped so I volunteerd and answered the phone in my best English.
I learned it at school, had an English boyfriend who lived in Leeds and he was was staying with our neighbours while he was working at Shell industries.
Then I met my husband. My husband went for half a year to New York city to work at the yeshiva Hospital. ( I don't know if I wrote that correctly. I went to him after a half year and we travelled through the USA, from the east coast to almost the west coast.
I also often joined him when he went to congresses and joined the programs for accompanying partners. I even went to the USA, Florida, to be precise Boca Raton, with a group of Canadian hepatologists. Stayed there in a very luxuous Hotel! It was so beautiful outthere!!

So that's about it how I learned my English.

Annemarie
syrinx48

Postby SMLady » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:47 pm

AnneMarie, that is very interesting! Sounds like you've had an exciting life!
Proud Mom of One Son
Idiopathic SM T1 - T9, DDD, Scoliosis, Pinched Nerves, Bulging Discs, Spondylosis, Stenosis
----------------------------------------------
The Man who walks with God always gets to his destination.
SMLady

Postby angie7 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:06 pm

Get up at 7:30, make breakfast, feed kids, clean up mess, get on the computer for an hour, do a load of laundry, play with kids for a few hours, cook lunch, feed kids, put kids down for a nap, take a shower, get on the computer or nap for 2 hours (depends on how tired I am), get kids up, get them dressed, feed snack, play with kids for a few hours, cook supper, feed kids, clean up supper, play with kids for an hour, give kids a bath, put kids to bed for the nite and I'm back on the computer, or I'm cuddled on the couch with my dh watching a movie and in bed by 11pm. 8)
Mama to 4 y/o ID twin girls (2006)
CM 0, C5-T1 syrinx, Scoliosis, Hypotension; PFD 2004
Deg Disc C4/5,Cervical Kyphosis-repaired 07 w cadavar bone graph & plate w 4 screws
angie7

Return to ASAP Lounge