NEEDED: How to Get Appts with Experts Info

Pull up a chair, grab a cup of coffee and have a nice long chat. This forum is the perfect place to get to know one another on a more personal basis. Share birthday or get well wishes, funny stories, jokes and interesting tidbits.

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby PittyPatty » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:55 pm

Dr Green:

1. Call (305) 243-6946 and select Spine->New appointment option. Here you will get a fax number to send your MRI report to. You can also try leaving a message, but no one will ever return your call

2. Go ahead a fax a copy of your MRI report with a cover letter identifying your name, date of birth, etc. so that they can find your report when you call to check on it.

3. Go to https://www.med.miami.edu/patients/appt ... urgery.asp and submit an online application for an appointment. This will take you a step further than just calling, since you can enter insurance and symptom information here. Reqest the doctor you want to see here.

At this point someone from Miami will contact you, ask some preliminary queustions and should tell you when your MRI report will be sent in for review. They will also probably tell you that you might not get the doctor you requested. The best doctor for your case is determined during the review.

4. Call, call, call the main number to find out the progress of your appt. request. Staying on the line for the operator is the only way to talk to someone in person. Call at different times of day - some are more willing to help than others.

5. Once your request has been reviewed, it will get noted with a timefame of when your appt. should be scheduled

Self-referral is allowed, although the appointment cycle might be shorter if you have a referral. I was a self-referral and it took about 6 weeks to get the appointment scheduled, but then the appointment was scheduled for only a week later than that.

They accept many insurance plans.

Dr. Green does not treat children. Children are treated at Miami Children's Hospital.
PittyPatty

Postby georgiagal » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:40 pm

Hey there HC....boy you have taken on the world with this one!

Our experience w/Dr. Oro's office is quite limited right now:

I e-mailed Ruth on 3/10 -- still have not received a response.

I called Stacey on 3/11 and she asked me to send dh's films, which they received on 3/14. Stacey said it would take up to approximately 2 weeks and that she would call w/Dr. Oro's comments.

They do take Aetna insurance, although they do recommend you calling Aetna and give them a "heads up" (I'm still waiting for dh's head to clear enough for him to make this call as he is the policy holder).

There was no problem w/not have a physician's referral.

Now, we're waiting for the call and I'll update ya later if I find anything different from what others have posted.

Thanks again..

GG
georgiagal

Postby docrx » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:58 pm

HipCrip
Glad I could help. Let me know if you need any more info that I could provide. Oh I just got a package in the mail today about seeing Dr Oro Medical Questionaire and some very useful traveling tips- airport to office local lodging places places to eat, etc. I though that was wonderful for them to put together and send to his new out of town patients!

Again thanks for doing this. It will definitely help people trying to see an expert!! I believe people like you will get an extra star in heaven for all the service you have done for others! :D

Amanda
Every Day is a Blessing from God!
Mom to one beautiful baby girl

Syrinx C6-C7 5mm
OTC- surgery Sept 16
docrx

Previous

Return to ASAP Lounge