NEWSFLASH!!! JeninTexas

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

NEWSFLASH!!! JeninTexas

Postby Sandy » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:48 pm

Hey everybody.

Just got an email from Mr. JeninTexas. Jen got out of surgery about 12:30 p.m. Two hours later they were having a conversation and he said they didn't expect that for at least 24 hours.

All went well and that's all for now. He's holding down the fort and taking care of the kids now.

Cakes and Pies! Cakes and Pies!

love,
sandy
Sandy

Postby Janice » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:08 am

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for the update. I was definitely wondering if all went well.

Take care,
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby mac » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:03 am

Sandy, great news about Jen....Mr Jenintexas, ha! I love it. If you talk to her later on, tell her we said hi and miss her, and wish her all the best!

mac
mac

Postby birdlover3 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:40 am

That’s wonderful news! Thanks for sharing. I pray JeninTexas continues to improve & has manageable pain after the anesthesia wears off.
birdlover3

Postby kathymichelle » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:36 am

Whew..thanks for the update..

Keep us updated. Now for a swift recovery!
kathymichelle

Postby kiminfla » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:09 am

Jen, Praying for a speedy recovery and much relief from your symptoms. REST and take good care! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Mary Alice » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:53 pm

Have you heard anything else since? I've been wondering about her!

She is at the same hospital where I will be in two weeks! I hope she is leaving good karma all over the place!
:D
Mary Alice in Texas
Mary Alice

I am home now WOO HOO

Postby Jenintexas » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:45 pm

Wow what an experience and for me its a wonderful bit of infomation to share. ICU said I did so well. They were amazed at how much I could conversate with them and didn't need them for much. Surgery went well. I was in a little pain when they woke me up. Actually it felt more like they took my tounsils out more then anything else. But I guess that is where all the equipment goes so that is what hurt me the most. My throat. But after a few min. they gave me some morphine and I was out for about 2 hours. I woke up after that and I felt so much better. I had three wonderful angel nurses in ICU and I wasn't even there a full 24 hours before they moved me to my own priviate room. I remember waking up and saying a little thank you prayers and then started praying for the man in icu that has a head injury. Man he sounded like he was in tons of pain.

I have been doing pretty good. Just a little pressure head pain from where the surgery was done but that is about it. The ride up was not that good because I felt every bump on the road but I am about to lay down and relax. I just wanted to say thank you all for the prayers. Thank you Sandy for updating everyone. I am feeling much better and the surgery wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. I was told by everyone there that 97% of the staff would get my surgeon if they needed a NS for anything. They said wonderful things about him. He is pretty good too because he parted my hair and cut down the part. He iddn't shave any of my hair off and the cut is very pretty. All in all I have nothing but wonderful things to say. Thanks again everyone. Love, Jenintexas
Jenintexas

Jen

Postby razzle51 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:01 pm

And who is the wonderful Dr. So glad you got along so well .
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby kiminfla » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:14 pm

Jen, So glad you did so well -- what a blessing!! Be sure to REST -- your body has been through a lot and needs time to recover - Take good care and be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Mary Alice » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:01 pm

Jen,
So glad to hear that all went well! Remember to take it easy even when you feel well! Pain meds can cover up a world of hurt!
Don't know if you saw my message that I'm hoping you left good karma all over Baylor hospital!! :lol: I'll be there the 26th, and I'm now hoping for as smooth a ride as you had!

Keep taking care of yourself,
Mary Alice
Mary Alice

thank you all so much

Postby Jenintexas » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:15 pm

Dr. Finn in Dallas, Texas. He is just the most fabulous Doctor I could of asked for. I just basically parted my hair in a upside down J and no hair was cut at all. When I look at it I am just amazed. I will try and get some pictures taken soon. It is a beautiful job. He was an angel to me. :O)

Thanks again for the prayers, good karma and lots of great energy. I did receive it all. :lol:
Jenintexas

Postby mac » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:48 pm

Jenn, I'm just so happy to hear you are doing so well , to hear such a good report and that you are so happy with your doctor. Answered prayers! Now, as Kim said, REST!!

hugs
mac
mac

thanks

Postby Jenintexas » Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:11 pm

Thanks Mac. I am taking it easy. I couldn't get comfortable in bed last night so ended up sleeping on the couch all and all I am doing great. I have a super stiff neck but it could be worse. Thanks again. Jen
Jenintexas

Postby Sandy » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:56 pm

Jen,

I'm so glad everything came out so well! I'm just so happy, and I hope as you are reading this you're taking care of yourself.

So excellentt to see you back!

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Next

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders