NEWBIE, NOT EVEN SURE IF I BELONG HERE

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Postby precious » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:13 pm

Kathy welcome to the board. As you can see there are many people on here to help answer as many questions for you as possible and help you learn as much about this as you would like to know. Also as you have read many of us have gone from 1 Dr to the next to try to get DX, and find out what was wrong. Hang in there and in the mean time stay here on this board it helps with all the support!!! Welcome
~Precious~

SM T-6/T-12 8.2 mm
Only you decide how bright your day will be!
precious

Postby kathy_h_87120 » Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:46 am

I called the NS who said they had seen a Syrinx ( of course she did not have her notes typed up yet so she ws just going by what she remembered) She siad the the possible Syrinx (note the possible) is at C5-6 area. There are no Chiari formations but a definite atrophy of the cerebellum. No mention of atropying of the pons or olives etc. They are sending me to a Neurologist but his specialty seems to be stroke. So now I am not sure what to do. I do have an appointment with my GP tomorrow so I guess I will talk things over with him but I feel pretty lost. While the pain in my shoulder and arm has been with me for a year these other findings have just been found and I am trying to learn enough to talk to the doctors knowledgeably.
For the last week I have been nauseated to the point of actually throwing up a few times but I dont' know if this is part of the overall symptoms or just a red herring.
kathy_h_87120

Previous

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders