Great News!

A place to celebrate everything wonderful!

Moderator: pmaxwell

Great News!

Postby Mama G » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:13 pm

My 4 yr old son had decompression surgery in April '08. Pre-surgery his syrinx went from C3 to T11 with a diameter of 12mm and scoliosis. He spent most of his days laying down, and had stopped making eye contact. His MRI in Sept. showed that the diameter of the syrinx had shrunk to 6mm and had almost disappeared in portions of the spinal column and NO CURVE IN SPINE! He is running, jumping, climbing and laughing again. We are so grateful to our NS Dr.Moores and his team from the Walter Reed Army Medical Ctr.

It was a long road to get answers for our son and many a misdiagnosis/label was placed on our little one. But we knew there was something wrong and I am glad that we didn't listen to the 1st neurologist - he said that our litte one was "fine" and had decided not to share the CM finding with us. Lesson learned....ALWAYS get a copy of test results.

We learned a lot this year. We prayed, cried, believed, cried some more, and found hope for our son's future.

Thank you to everyone on this bulletin board - you are all an inspiration.

Mama G
Mama G

Re: Great News!

Postby Janice » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:47 pm

AWESOME!!!! I am so very happy to hear that your little guy has his spirit back. :lol: I can't imagine how happy you all are. Thank GOD you didn't listen to that first NL. I wish doctors wouldn't pick and choose what information they share with the patient. It is, afterall, someone else's life they're playing with.

Take care and thanks for sharing this wonderfully miraculous news with us. (((((hugs)))))
GOD Bless!
Janice

Thoracic: SM T3-T12 / Disc Buldge T7-T9 / Mild Scoliosis
Cervical: SM C2-C6 / DDD / Kyphosis
Hemangioma's: T9-T11 & L4

http://janice-mylifewithsm.blogspot.com/ (Copy & Paste link into your browser)
Janice

Postby youngwife » Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:37 am

Praise the Lord! What wonderful news!! :D
Homeschooling mom to 6 wonderful blessings from the Lord. ~ "Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers." - Ephesians 4:29
youngwife

Postby *Hope* » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:12 am

WOOHOO! That is such AWESOME NEWS, and I am so happy for you guys. I hope for continued improvement for your son.

Man, I love days that start off reading something wonderful like this!!! :D
CM1
*Hope*

Postby tattoodlb1 » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:22 am

Thank you for sharing your great story! I am uplifted by this news. And I need that today!
Syringomyelia entire spinal cord including throughout conus, Chiari ? Hemangioma T2, Multiple Tarlov cysts; Empty sella & degenerative disc disease entire spine.. severe Fibromyalgia (central cord hypersensitivity).
tattoodlb1

Postby kyla24 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:52 am

congradulations! may i ask what were some of your sons symptoms?
kyla24

Return to Share Your Success Story!