Could use your prayers before surgery...

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Could use your prayers before surgery...

Postby hartagold23 » Tue May 22, 2007 2:38 pm

...plus any words o' wisdom, favorite quotes to meditate on, etc. It's tethered spinal cord release surgery this Thursday, May 24. I'm a bit nervous...

Thanks a bunch, y'all...

Barb :)
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

Postby mac » Tue May 22, 2007 3:53 pm

You have my prayers, Barb!! And I will be in touch with your hospital nurse and family, as we've planned, in order to let the board know how you are doing. I know we ALL wonder how it's going and we miss you, and this is a great way to get the word out! So, folks, look for my relayed message for how Barb is doing post op! She's in good hands at Dartmouth.

hugs (gentle ones)
mac
mac

Postby Ryzing » Tue May 22, 2007 4:20 pm

"If you worry, you didn't pray - if you prayed, then don't worry."

Best of luck....you're in good hands with God, too :D .

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby kittb » Tue May 22, 2007 5:38 pm

Best of luck, Barb! I hope it goes well.
kittb
If you ever lose yourself, call on me and we'll be lost together-Kitt
kittb

Postby cash71 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:13 pm

Barb,

I'll be thinking of you on Thursday and praying all goes well with your surgery and healing.

bye for now,

Caroline
Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle (Plato)

Syrinx C3-T9, CM zero, OTC, cranial settling, dysautonomia/POTS, and ?EDS

see my blog for more info: http://www.chiariandsyringomyeliaincanada.blogspot.com/
cash71

Postby kiminfla » Tue May 22, 2007 6:15 pm

Barb, Before my decomp surgery in Sept I was surprisingly calm. I was all dressed up (in that LOVELY outfit they give you) and ready to go. I was reading a paperback novel, talking with my dh (who was more nervous than I, for sure!) Anyway, the reason I tell you that isI had a wonderful sense of calm the night before the surgery and I pray the same for you. I had prayed a lot about the surgery. I have 2 young children and the main thing that I prayed for was to please let me wake up! -- the outcome didn't matter so much to me, I was mainly concerned about my kids needing me.

Whatever your concerns are, know that the Lord is with you; He has a plan. Have faith that this surgery will bring about better days, increased health, and as I've said before, be a HUGE first step on your path to wellness. I can't wait to read of your success -- thanks Mac for keeping us posted! I'll be praying you find peace and success! God bless you and keep you, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

sending you lots of good energy

Postby Jenintexas » Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 pm

Barb,

I can understand your feelings. Put it in Gods hands and then think of how much better you will feel once this is over. I am going to be scheduling decom surgery for Mid June and I am scared but at the same time I am excited that this pain might go away or at least be less. We women are very strong and we handle a whole lot so just look at it like this. God created all types of people and he blessed us with doctors too to make us better. God will be in there with the surgeon. You will have lots of prayers as well. We are thinking of you.

Jennifer :D

PS I don't take pain well and my nurse that was in the delivery room with my 2nd child was a 23 year old girl right out of nursing school and she wouldn't listen to me. I was telling her to give me an epidural (this is before I knew I had CM BTW) and I told her I would not dilate until she did. I was 2 min a part and in aweful pain and she said no you are at a 3 and you have to be at a 4. She told me to try and relax....How does a 23 old new nurse with no kids no anything about relaxing during labor.LOL Finally my husband got tired of watching me suffer so he said take this IV out of my wife we are going to Dallas. About that time she called a dr. in (My dr was out on vacation) and she broke my water and finally I got my meds. Within 2 hours my daughter was born. Doctor told me she normally can go home and come back and I said no I knew I was ready.... I just needed help relaxing because I tense up with pain. If I can handle that I can handle anything and after my 2nd child I said no more kids for me. LOL
Jenintexas

Postby specialmomx2 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:20 pm

Barb,

I will be so thinking of you on Thursday!

Good luck with the surgery and praying for a speedy recovery.

-Paula
specialmomx2

Postby hartagold23 » Tue May 22, 2007 11:43 pm

Thank you so much, everyone! You will all be there with me in my little imaginary pockets, smiling up at me! ("imaginary" pockets, because, hey...it's just my b-day suit and the little johnnies!!LOL!!)

Barb :D
SM/TCS/SB-lipoma/B12 def/Scoliosis/IBS. Had TCS surgery May 24 '07-syrinx totally drained! CSF leak repair--July 16 '07. Currently using a walker for short distances, probably permanently. Surgery was worth it to kill most of the pain!
hartagold23

surgery

Postby hoz74 » Wed May 23, 2007 7:30 am

Good Luck You will be in my thoughts and prayers
Hoz :)
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

Postby birdlover3 » Wed May 23, 2007 10:56 am

I want to let you know I’m praying also. I pray that God gives you peace about this surgery & that you have something to smile about today.
birdlover3

Postby Snoozie » Wed May 23, 2007 12:48 pm

Hi Barb, I will put on my Neil Young cd's and think of you that day. It is also my nieces b-day and she is the biggest Neil Young fan.

What did you think of his Greendale cd? I liked it as it told a story.

This is one of my fav's though...

Dont let it bring you down
Its only castles burning,
Just find someone whos turning
And you will come around.

So don't let it bring you down ok. Thinking and praying for you...Sue
Snoozie

Postby Sandy » Wed May 23, 2007 7:01 pm

Barb,

You have my prayers. I'll be here when you get back, too.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby petsmom » Wed May 23, 2007 10:15 pm

Have to go along with what Diane said! Well put. We're sending up the prayers for ya. You will be just fine and better in no time. I Believe that.

Dawn
I am not my disorder. It does not define me as a Person.
DDD, SM thoracic
petsmom

Postby prettyeyes » Thu May 24, 2007 1:08 am

hey barb, i just got back on the board anyway have been reading just could not respond wanted to say good luck and i will also be praying for you . lot's of love and hugs lisa
prettyeyes

Next

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders