Nosebleeds & headaches together - connection?

Have a question about a symptom, procedure, medication, diagnosis, research, or coping? Ask questions and share what you know with others

Moderator: pmaxwell

Nosebleeds & headaches together - connection?

Postby Ryzing » Tue May 22, 2007 6:08 am

Hi all,

I have been getting nosebleeds since I was a teenager. Lately though, they seem to come on when I get a really bad headache, something that has never happened before. I've had bad headaches, and nosebleeds, but never together. Is this just a coincidence or does this happen to other people, too? I do not have CM.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

Diane
Syringomyelia - C4-T12, Fibromyalgia, Scoliosis, DDD
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

nosebleeds and headaches

Postby hoz74 » Tue May 22, 2007 6:56 am

sorry di, have you had your blood pressure checked lately? I hope you feel better soon but you better go to the doctor and get that bp checked, in the meantime go to the local pharmacy and get it checked there, it isnt the most accurate, but it will do until you can get an appt with your family doc.
Luv Hoz
ACM decompression surgery sept 06
Lord Keep your arm around my shoulders
and your hand over my mouth
hoz74

headache

Postby razzle51 » Tue May 22, 2007 8:04 am

Hey Diane check out this site . It covers Bloodpressure , nosebleeds and headaches and a few other things in common with us on the board .

http://www.ctds.info/migraine-headaches.html

http://headaches.about.com/od/askthecli ... 304_5f.htm

sometime if your Iron levels are low can cause them too.
I choose not to place "DIS" in my ability.

There is a light at the end of every tunnel....just pray it's not a train!.

razzle51

Postby SMLady » Tue May 22, 2007 12:57 pm

I get them a lot in the winter, but I always attributed it to dry air. I would check with my doctor. Hope you are doing aok!!!! :lol:
SMLady

Postby Ryzing » Tue May 22, 2007 4:18 pm

Thanks, ladies. Hoz - My blood pressure is normal - 124/70. When I was younger, I had to get my nose "silver nitrated" several times due to the fact that my blood vessules are close to the surface of the inside of my nostrils. :shock: Glenna - I agree...usually when I would get the nosebleeds in the past, it would be incredibly dry wherever I was, especially here at home where we have forced air elec. heat and at work. I try to use saline spray as much as I can remember. Roz - thanks for the link...I will check it out! If my iron levels are low it would not surprise me.

Diane
"If you don't change your beliefs, your life will be like this forever. Is that good news?"
Ryzing

Postby kiminfla » Tue May 22, 2007 6:35 pm

Di, I've never had this particular issue so I don't have any words of wisdom, so to speak, but I wanted to let you know you're in my prayers and I hope this gets resolved soon! Be blessed, Kim
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby kiminfla » Tue May 22, 2007 6:36 pm

Sorry, got a DEBUG message and double posted.
CM - PFD 9/7/06
Life is mostly froth and bubble. Two things stand like stone: Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own. -- Adam Lindsay Gordon
kiminfla

Postby Ryzing » Tue May 22, 2007 9:01 pm

Thanks, Kim!

Diane
Ryzing

Postby Sandy » Wed May 23, 2007 7:02 pm

Diane,

I'm really sorry to hear this, it sounds just awful! I hope you see your doctor, and get some relief from this terrible malady.

love,
sandy :D
Sandy

Postby Ryzing » Wed May 23, 2007 7:42 pm

Thanks, Sandy! I haven't had a bloody nose in a few days, but then again, I've been using more of the saline spray. Besides freaking my co-workers out, it's more annoying than anything when it happens all of the sudden without warning. :shock: :shock:

Diane
Ryzing

Return to All About Chiari, Syringomyelia, and Related Disorders